Ninja IDE not working on puppy linux!

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
John Alien

Ninja IDE not working on puppy linux!

#1 Post by John Alien »

I'm here due to the same problem as someone who posted 2 years ago. It's been 2 years and ninjaide still fails to open!

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 2b559309cf

I tried installing using ppm and could get the dependencies to install through that, but the install was incomplete and there was no ninja-ide icon in utilities. I tried using petget and a .pet from http://www.smokey01.com/saluki/pet_packages-saluki/ and that got the icon to appear in utilities, but it doesn't launch/no window appears.

What now?

perdido

#2 Post by perdido »

Welcome Aboard!

Which puppy version are you using?
Frugal or full install?

Reading the thread in the link you posted it looks like you need python installed. The devx.sfs file may have what is missing to run ninjaide.
The devx is puppy version specific. Someone can aim you at it when you tell which puppy you have.

Also, saluki is dated and that version of ninja ide from smokey may or may not function depending on which pup you are using, if you are
using saluki or one of its derivatives or racy it may be ok but if using a newer pup the required libs may be too different than the newer pups.

John Alien

#3 Post by John Alien »

perdido wrote:Welcome Aboard!

Which puppy version are you using?
Frugal or full install?

Reading the thread in the link you posted it looks like you need python installed. The devx.sfs file may have what is missing to run ninjaide.
The devx is puppy version specific. Someone can aim you at it when you tell which puppy you have.

Also, saluki is dated and that version of ninja ide from smokey may or may not function depending on which pup you are using, if you are
using saluki or one of its derivatives or racy it may be ok but if using a newer pup the required libs may be too different than the newer pups.
Hey! I managed to get it working. It did just take loading the right devx.sfs

perdido

#4 Post by perdido »

Good!

The devx when added to puppy creates an environment suitable for compiling programs from source.

If you compile from source it is also recommended to install the kernel headers file.
Depending on which puppy you are using the kernel headers may already be included in the devx.