FatHouse64-710

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
stemsee

#16 Post by stemsee »

Here is an update.

New feature is aerosnap ... pressing windows key and an arrow key will configure active window to half of the screen be it top left or right etc

Libreoffice updated.
RefDnD updated
Wifi-Scanner-2 updated

Most vnc stuff removed, and the mongoose server etc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gbl_L ... dEzmMAorow

Volhout

cherry trail

#17 Post by Volhout »

Hi stemsee,

I saw in the first post that you have included intrd13 and vmlin13 to support cherry trail cpu's.
Can you briefly explain, or point to an article, that axplains the specifics.

I have a notebook with x5-8300 cpu, and would like to see if this distro works. I read that especially on audio (non-HDMI) there where problems in linux. HDMI audio was fixed for computesticks earlier.

Regards,

Volhout

stemsee

#18 Post by stemsee »

Hi Volhout

I have an HP x2 n100 series type 2-in-1 tablet/laptop with detachable screen. It has 2gb ram and 32gb storage. The bios allows boot from efi file on usb.

I have a cut down version of FatHouse running on it. The audio and optional office suite have been removed. It is 780mb .sfs because the windows 10 installation takes up most of the storage! Probably a regular FatDog64-710 installation with the 4.13.3 kernel for atom cpu would be a better option for these small ram tablet hybrids. The main difference is in the initrd. FatHouse uses Lighthouse initrd and a different init script than in fatdog; specifically it always loads into ram, rather than mounting on a loop device. That's why I have a cutdown version.

The kernel 4.13.3 was compiled for 'Atom' cpu: this is a config setting when building/compiling the kernel. There are thousands of config settings, in case you never tried configuring the kernel options.

Along with the Atom setting, more hid and i2c, and now added intel baytrail and cherrytrail (Atom series) specific hardware driver options have been selected and where possible compiled into the kernel rather than as loadable modules. It was a bit hit and miss. I have touchscreen (2 finger) working, hdmi sound output (untested), Bluetooth (i use for stereo output), wifi is working, brightness control is working, sleep is working, wake-up is working. These items were previously unsupported. And remain unsupported on the Asus T100/101ha series hybrids.

All the usual stuff is working: detachable keyboard (xvkbd is in OS and works by touchscreen input), Powerbutton, usb 2.0 port (not sure if usb 3 in same socket is working but i compiled it in!), usb c port, all internal partitions on mmcblk storage. But the sd card reader, webcam, and induilt audio card are not supported. That is why I keep the win 10 installation.

I Usually use a stub usb 2.0 thumbdrive with a swap partition.

Volhout

Thanks for the summray of what is working

#19 Post by Volhout »

Hi Stemsee

Thanks for the update. Impressive that you got this all working.
To bad the build in audio is not yet supported.

Regards,

Harm