FirefoxESR-52 in Slacko32 won't let me download anything

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
belham2

FirefoxESR-52 in Slacko32 won't let me download anything

#1 Post by belham2 »

Hi all,

Any browser gurus hanging around? Have installed the latest FirefoxESR-52.0.2, 32-bit, in this Slacko32 woof-CE (Kernel 4.1.1) build I just built the other day. The build and Firefox all works great, except for Firefox when I go to download anything from anywhere, the pic below is what I get. I've put FF in and also taken it out of, "spot-status", problem still persists. Do we have to enter something in the FF exec file (like we do in Chrome), perhaps a "--user-data-directory" or something? If so, what exactly to enter and where?? Also, plz know the pup build is fine because I tested latest Palemoon and an older FF 45 ESR version, and both work (downloaded) without a problem. I just want to get this new FF-ESR working, and can't as of yet figure out how to do it....

Thanks for any help and/or hints:
Attachments
FirefoxESR-52.0.2-32bit-unable-to-download-anything-permission-problem.png
(119.39 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

Moose On The Loose

Re: The new FirefoxESR-52-series & downloading

#2 Post by Moose On The Loose »

belham2 wrote:Hi all,

Any browser gurus hanging around? Have installed the latest FirefoxESR-52.0.2, 32-bit, in this Slacko32 woof-CE (Kernel 4.1.1) build I just built the other day. The build and Firefox all works great, except for Firefox when I go to download anything from anywhere, the pic below is what I get.
Can you right click and do the "Save Link as" function?

Try some directories if it fails try:

Make a new directory (or perhaps do it to an old one)

Code: Select all

chmod 777 the-name-of-the-directory
See if it works.
Then you can set the preferences to point the default at a directory that works.

belham2

Re: The new FirefoxESR-52-series & downloading

#3 Post by belham2 »

Moose On The Loose wrote:
belham2 wrote:Hi all,

Any browser gurus hanging around? Have installed the latest FirefoxESR-52.0.2, 32-bit, in this Slacko32 woof-CE (Kernel 4.1.1) build I just built the other day. The build and Firefox all works great, except for Firefox when I go to download anything from anywhere, the pic below is what I get.
Can you right click and do the "Save Link as" function?

Try some directories if it fails try:

Make a new directory (or perhaps do it to an old one)

Code: Select all

chmod 777 the-name-of-the-directory
See if it works.
Then you can set the preferences to point the default at a directory that works.
Hi Moose,

Nope, none of that worked. Tried old and new directories, chmod all of them, nothing works. This new Firefox throws up the same error message no matter what. AFAIK, this Firefox52-ESR is what comes standard now (included) in any woof-CE build that anyone does for Slacko 32 and 64 6.9.6.4-versions (the very latest). I can't be the only one seeing this, am I? Has no one else attempted any recent Slacko 32 and/or 64-bit builds in the past 10-12 days, using any kernel. and not had this download permissions problem with this new FF-ESR 52-version?

Sailor E., where the heck are you?? I know you were fooling with this past week or two, and fooling with the FF52-ESR...are you not also seeing this???

Or anyone else doing builds and/or using FF52-ESR? Does FF52-ESR work in any other build distro besides Slacko? Boy, if it does, this will be the final nail in the coffin (for me) concerning anything further to do with Slacko. :evil:

watchdog

#4 Post by watchdog »

I have not this problem in slacko64-6.9.6.4 and slacko-6.9.6.4 with recent builds by SailorEnceladus at:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 748#950748

slacko64-6.9.6.4_r4959c.iso

and

slacko-6.9.6.4_r4864.iso

Try a build with last woof-ce.

Sailor Enceladus

#5 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

heehee I uploaded another tonight with kernel 3.16.43. Didn't test it yet, will see tomorrow if the Firefox blows up too :lol: