Easy Linux Pre-Alpha 0.2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
lp-dolittle

Easy Linux Pre-Alpha 0.2

#1 Post by lp-dolittle »

Hi all,
fascinated with Puppy since 2003, I'm impressed with the new features of Easy Linux, but I'm also faced with an unexpected keyboard-layout/Xorg issue.
Running Easy Linux from a Dell desktop (Optiplex 980) or a Dell Laptop (Latitude E6500), the QuickSetup Settings are (country: de_CH German,Switzerland; time zone: Europe/Zurich; keyboard-layout: de Germany or de-latini Germany).
As in previous Quirkies, the desktop's usb-keyboard only works correctly after correcting the country configuration via the desktop setup-icon (XKB configuration manager > layouts > change > Switzerland).
Trying to boot the same way on the Laptop (SD-card connected via an external card-reader to an usb2-port, on the desktop as well as on the laptop), superficially the QuickSetup settings appear to remain unchanged, yet the keyboard-layout spontaneously is reset to the default(US?) layout, and I'm unable to really correct that issue via the setup-button. Choosing Swiss-German layout leads to German layout, and third-level chooser configuration mostly fails. Furthermore, every change is lost after restarting X!
Even worse, trying to now boot the desktop with the SD-card which was used on the laptop, QuickSetup configuration still appears to be correct, but internally the keyboard-layout is reset, and restarting X after re-configuration via the setup-button results in an Xvideo issue. The desktop is unable to spontaneously restart the Xvideo, and running the Xorgwizard proves to be a rather haphazard workaround.
How to explain that kind of unexpected changes in the configuration settings...... and how to correct this problem?

kind regards

dolittle

lp-dolittle

Easy Linux Pre-Alpha 0.2

#2 Post by lp-dolittle »

sorry,
this new thread was started unintentionally. My aim was to contribute to the ongoing discussion on the following address:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=109958

Meanwhile, my problem was posted there, and this thread is not thought to be continued

Apologies!

dolittle