Evolution - command line backup and restore

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
rufwoof

Evolution - command line backup and restore

#1 Post by rufwoof »

I've tended to use Osmo in the past, along with a online email account. Typically booting frugally and not saving I usually just set up osmo data files to be stored outside of the 'Puppy' (in my case Debian frugally booted) so that changes are preserved across reboots.

More recently however I've started to use Evolution - that provides events, calendar, mail, memo's ...etc. Currently rather than just sym linking its data storage files to persistent disk storage I've instead been trying out its backup and restore options i.e. to backup I'm using

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
/usr/lib/evolution/3.12/evolution-backup --backup /lib/live/mount/persistence/sda1/Documents/evolution/evolution-backup --gui
and to restore

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
/usr/lib/evolution/3.12/evolution-backup --restore /lib/live/mount/persistence/sda1/Documents/evolution/evolution-backup --gui
I have those both as desktop icons at present, so boot, click the restore icon and then open Evolution; And click the backup icon before shutting down. A halfway measure before encoding them into startup and shutdown background scripts.
Attachments
s.jpg
(36.29 KiB) Downloaded 84 times