problem with Texas Instruments pci wireless card

rcrsn51

#16 Post by rcrsn51 »

drrdf wrote:how can I get the system to retain the network setup parameters so that it connects automatically at boot up?
Did you ever resolve this problem?

drrdf

#17 Post by drrdf »

Hi

Thanks to the advice of bigpup I did manage to resolve this problem a few days ago. I have been abroad for several months and so was unable to do any more until I returned. I discovered that the advice of bigpup was absolutely correct. You cannot use ext4 with this combination as I had done previously, and Frugal install is the best option. So, the problem was solved by using ext3 and a Frugal install. Then using the network wizard the WPA logon key is now correctly saved and Puppy logs on at each new boot-up. The Texas wireless card now works fine with the Puppy driver (as it did only from from CD boot-up previously with the Puppy driver using ext4).

It is not possible to use the Texas windows driver supplied with ndiswrapper if you are using WPA, because that does not support WPA; the driver provided within Puppy does however support WPA. I now have this set-up running correctly on 2 PCs.

drrdf

#18 Post by drrdf »

Hi bigpup,

I can report back now that thanks to your advice I was able to solve this problem. I managed to resolve this a few days ago. I have been abroad for several months and so was unable to do any more until I returned. I discovered that your advice was absolutely correct. You cannot use ext4 with this combination as I had done previously, and Frugal install is the best option. So, the problem was solved by using ext3 and a Frugal install. Then using the network wizard the WPA logon key is now correctly saved and Puppy logs on at each new boot-up. The Texas wireless card now works fine with the Puppy driver (as it did only from from CD boot-up previously with the Puppy driver using ext4).

It is not possible to use the Texas windows driver supplied with the card and using ndiswrapper if you are using WPA, because that does not support WPA; the driver provided within Puppy does however support WPA. I now have this set-up running correctly on 2 PCs.

So thank you so much for your help. Hopefully this solution may also help others who might have similar problems.