OpenOrienteering_mapper.0.6.8.sfs for Tahr 6.0.6

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
rockedge

OpenOrienteering_mapper.0.6.8.sfs for Tahr 6.0.6

#1 Post by rockedge »

here is an SFS of OpenOrienteering_mapper.0.6.8
made in Tahr 6.0.6. A menu entry will be in Menu>Utility.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2RU ... Uh5LXVVQkk

More Info :
http://www.openorienteering.org/apps/mapper/

rockedge

#2 Post by rockedge »

Tested with Tahr 6.0.5 successfully.

davids45

Sfs - downloaded for testing

#3 Post by davids45 »

G'day rockedge,

Wow! That's quick - I'll see how it goes with my multitude of frugals after I do my full Pups the slow way (.deb installs, etc).

Hopefully, there won't be too many lib issues with older (kernel) Pups and with Slackos.

Thanks,

David S.

davids45

Frugal Pups that run OpenOrienteering Mapper

#4 Post by davids45 »

G'day rockedge,

It's turning out easier for me to check your sfs in my Frugals than trying this program with .deb files in my Full Pups - not surprisingly when considering frugal vs full installations.

Here's my list of Pups that, so far, for me, run your OpenOrienteering sfs:
XenialPups 7.00 to 7.04, 7.0.8.1
TahrPup-5.8.4
TahrPup-6.0.2
TahrPup-6.0CE
UnicornPup
PupJibaroJessie
PupJibaroJessieSynaptic
PuppEx479
Puppex401

SlackoPups seem to need the "xcb" fix (symlink /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/Platforms to /usr/bin) found by Semme then will run:
Slacko-700Beta
Slacko-6.3.0
Slacko-6.9.6.1

Unsuccessful Pups, usually ending with the 'can't find Qt platform plugin "xcb" ' problem or a 'libstdc++' mismatch after I installed/copied missing libs that terminal messages reported:
WheezyPup (pemasu's)
OVPrecisePup
PupJibaroWheezy

Some early Pups only have qt4 but copying qt5 from a working Pup's /usr/lib may work if the libstdc++ problem doesn't arise.

I'll update this list with any further successes but I do now have quite few options to run the Mapper program, so thanks for your contribution.

And I can symlink each Frugal's Mapper's profile (located in /.config/OpenOrienteering.org) back to the version stored on my data partition.
So whichever Mapper/Pup I start up with, I will have the latest files I've been working on displayed in the opening 'Recent maps' window.

David S.
Last edited by davids45 on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

rockedge

#5 Post by rockedge »

I could build one for the Slacko series and a work around might be possible for Wheezy and the libstdc++ mismatch....is there a demand for these versions?

best regards,
Erik S

davids45

#6 Post by davids45 »

G'day rockedge (Erik),

Thanks for the offer.

I've found Semme's link to ask.ubunutu in the other OpenOrienteering thread provided an answer for me to fix the most recent Slackos. So I have updated my list in my earlier post in this thread.

I suspect older Pups in general will have the libstdc++ problem (GLIBC?).

However, I doubt there's any demand for getting OpenOrienteering to run in older Pups by a libstdc++ fix.
It's so easy to download and install a current Pup version if someone needed to run Mapper,
the wine-version runs in the older Pups I have, and
I'm not sure if there are many orienteers, and mappers in particular, who use Puppy - mainstream Linuxes and Windows would be the norm.
Or how many Puppy users are orienteers, even with a good smattering of Scandanavians (with names like Erik :wink: ) on the forum.

So I'm saying only try it (the libstdc++ fix) if you want the "intellectual challenge".

Thanks again for your help,

David S.