Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 04:43
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
puduan-7.0.0a1 (Devuan Ascii) woof-ce testing
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Author Message
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1278

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 15:09    Post subject:  puduan-7.0.0a1 (Devuan Ascii) woof-ce testing  

Hi, I built a vanilla puduan-7.0.0a1.iso (no changes) here:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZpqiIZvXdnFyvmC1uHQbv63GJXELjmhcWX

The "fixes.txt" file lists some of the bugs and the adrv includes a few fixes so far. Feel free to post more bugs/fixes and I'll try to update the list and adrv. I'll sift through the dpup thread some more too to see which bugs Stretch and Ascii have in common.

Last edited by Sailor Enceladus on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
dancytron

Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Posts: 934

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 16:24    Post subject:  

Downloaded and did manual frugal install with adrv and zdrv. Inside Dillo on it right now.

I observed the following.

-Graphics driver correctly chosen and loaded. glxgears works. Intel G30 chipset.
-did not autoconnect to the internet. connected with simple network, connection (regular wired ethernet) had strange name.
-both geany and leafpad just close when you try to do a save-as. See terminal output from leafpad below.
-clicking on sound files opened pmusic. I don't use pmusic, so maybe I am just dense, but got no sound from pmusic. Sound worked inside the alsa sound wizard.

That's all I notice off the top.

Dan

Code:
 leafpad

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientMonitor'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDevice'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupVolumeMonitor'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-volume-monitor. Expected type is GVolumeMonitor.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientVolume'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupMount'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDrive'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'GFamFileMonitor'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-local-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-nfs-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
Segmentation fault
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1278

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 17:03    Post subject:  

Thanks Dan!

dancytron wrote:
-both geany and leafpad just close when you try to do a save-as. See terminal output from leafpad below.

I noticed too that anything that opens or saves with the File Manager crashes it (something about glib?). Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 17:36    Post subject:  

dancytron wrote:
Downloaded and did manual frugal install with adrv and zdrv. Inside Dillo on it right now.

I observed the following.

-Graphics driver correctly chosen and loaded. glxgears works. Intel G30 chipset.
-did not autoconnect to the internet. connected with simple network, connection (regular wired ethernet) had strange name.
-both geany and leafpad just close when you try to do a save-as. See terminal output from leafpad below.
-clicking on sound files opened pmusic. I don't use pmusic, so maybe I am just dense, but got no sound from pmusic. Sound worked inside the alsa sound wizard.

That's all I notice off the top.

Dan

Code:
 leafpad

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientMonitor'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDevice'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupVolumeMonitor'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-volume-monitor. Expected type is GVolumeMonitor.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientVolume'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupMount'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDrive'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'GFamFileMonitor'.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-local-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-nfs-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(leafpad:17211): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
Segmentation fault
You should follow the thread I started We just fixed that issue. Follow from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=946202#946202
ttuuxxx

Ps follow my tread it has lots of help in it. Smile

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1278

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 17:52    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
You should follow the thread I started We just fixed that issue. Follow from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=946202#946202
ttuuxxx

Ps follow my tread it has lots of help in it. Smile

Thanks. I added zzz_glib to the adrv and gave you and pemasu credit. A proper fix will have to be merged into the iso later. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 18:35    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
You should follow the thread I started We just fixed that issue. Follow from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=946202#946202
ttuuxxx

Ps follow my tread it has lots of help in it. Smile

Thanks. I added zzz_glib to the adrv and gave you and pemasu credit. A proper fix will have to be merged into the iso later. Smile

Its a lot better if you recompile it, both are missing parts, also recompile netmon_wce if your getting xerrs issues.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1278

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 18:37    Post subject:  

dancytron wrote:
-clicking on sound files opened pmusic. I don't use pmusic, so maybe I am just dense, but got no sound from pmusic. Sound worked inside the alsa sound wizard.

It looks like ffmpeg was missing the dependency libpgm-5.2-0_5.2.122~dfsg-2_i386. I added it to the adrv to play my mp3. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 18:38    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
dancytron wrote:
-clicking on sound files opened pmusic. I don't use pmusic, so maybe I am just dense, but got no sound from pmusic. Sound worked inside the alsa sound wizard.

It looks like ffmpeg was missing the dependency libpgm-5.2-0_5.2.122~dfsg-2_i386. I added it to the adrv to play my mp3. Smile

Its the same with Stretch, also both distro's are like 99% the same.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 18:45    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
dancytron wrote:
-clicking on sound files opened pmusic. I don't use pmusic, so maybe I am just dense, but got no sound from pmusic. Sound worked inside the alsa sound wizard.

It looks like ffmpeg was missing the dependency libpgm-5.2-0_5.2.122~dfsg-2_i386. I added it to the adrv to play my mp3. Smile


Also edit the MPV.destop file and edit it so its executes only with this
Code:
Exec=mpv --player-operation-mode=pseudo-gui

The original file has extra attributes on the end and stops it from working in the menu.

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1278

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 19:13    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
Also edit the MPV.destop file and edit it so its executes only with this
Code:
Exec=mpv --player-operation-mode=pseudo-gui

The original file has extra attributes on the end and stops it from working in the menu.

Thanks ttuuxxx. That works a lot better. Smile I also replaced the one on desktop (defaultmediaplayer) for good measure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1278

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 22:42    Post subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
Sailor Enceladus wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
You should follow the thread I started We just fixed that issue. Follow from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=946202#946202
ttuuxxx

Ps follow my tread it has lots of help in it. Smile

Thanks. I added zzz_glib to the adrv and gave you and pemasu credit. A proper fix will have to be merged into the iso later. Smile

Its a lot better if you recompile it, both are missing parts, also recompile netmon_wce if your getting xerrs issues.
ttuuxxx

Thanks. I built a new iso, r4848b that uses only zzz_glib (not the debian one) as per pemasu's suggestion, and integrated all the adrv changes mentioned into it so far. It seems to be working a bit better than the original iso now from what I can tell. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
ttuuxxx


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 22:53    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
Sailor Enceladus wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
You should follow the thread I started We just fixed that issue. Follow from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=946202#946202
ttuuxxx

Ps follow my tread it has lots of help in it. Smile

Thanks. I added zzz_glib to the adrv and gave you and pemasu credit. A proper fix will have to be merged into the iso later. Smile

Its a lot better if you recompile it, both are missing parts, also recompile netmon_wce if your getting xerrs issues.
ttuuxxx

Thanks. I built a new iso, r4848b that uses only zzz_glib (not the debian one) as per pemasu's suggestion, and integrated all the adrv changes mentioned into it so far. It seems to be working a bit better than the original iso now from what I can tell. Smile
Hey its your baby you do what ever you like, I'm just saying if you recompile it you'll notice that it was missing packages that's all.
ttuuxxx

_________________
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Sailor Enceladus

Joined: 22 Feb 2016
Posts: 1278

PostPosted: Sun 05 Mar 2017, 23:43    Post subject:  

Updated to commit 4854. Thanks to dancytron for finding some major bugs and jlst for patching woof-CE! And ttuuxxx. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Billtoo


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 3263
Location: Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Mon 06 Mar 2017, 03:22    Post subject: puduan-7.0.0a1 (Devuan Ascii) woof-ce testing  

I did a build of puduan 7.0.0 using the instructions on page 1 of the
woof-ce needs you thread (testing)

System: Host: puppypc52 Kernel: 3.14.79 i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Openbox 3.6.1 Distro: Puduan 7.0.0
Machine: Device: desktop Mobo: Acer model: Aspire X3950 serial: U02C120500059
BIOS: American Megatrends v: P01-A3 date: 05/05/2010
CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 540 (-HT-MCP-) speed/max: 1200/3067 MHz
Graphics: Card: Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
Display Server: X.org 1.19.1 drivers: modesetting (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 130x30 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169
Drives: HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (3.4% used)
Weather: Conditions: 23 F (-5 C) - Overcast Time: March 6, 1:50 AM EST
Info: Processes: 139 Uptime: 1:37 Memory: 193.3/2899.5MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.5

I removed this line "yes|glib|libglib2.0-bin,libglib2.0-0,libglib2.0-data,libglib2.0-dev|exe,dev,
doc>null,nls>null #does not work with pup-volume-monitor" from the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS file.
As the ./3builddistro-Z step was running an error about fixmenus
jwm-xdgmenu was on the screen and the the build completed creating an
iso and devx.
I put a FbBox-4.1 pet in mnt/home when I did the frugal install because
a build that I did a couple of weeks ago had nothing in the puppy menu,
same with this one.
I checked the "save as" in geany and it was working, after I installed
some other pets and applications with PPM the "save as" command cause
geany to crash.
I downloaded and compiled glib-2.50.3.tar.xz and geany works again.

PPM isn't working 100% but is useable, I installed VLC,Kodi,Smtube,Firefox, and more,
they all work fine.
Entering the command inxi -bw in the terminal caused an error but the
missing lib was in PPM and after installing that the error was gone
(libprocps).

That's it for today.
image-1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   32.06 KB
 Viewed   2027 Time(s)

image-1.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
belham2

Joined: 15 Aug 2016
Posts: 1282

PostPosted: Mon 06 Mar 2017, 06:21    Post subject:  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
You should follow the thread I started We just fixed that issue. Follow from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=946202#946202
ttuuxxx

Ps follow my tread it has lots of help in it. Smile

Thanks. I added zzz_glib to the adrv and gave you and pemasu credit. A proper fix will have to be merged into the iso later. Smile



Hi Sailor, ttuuxxx & all,

Can I ask a stupid question....in the dpup-stretch build I did last week (and plopped up in ttuuuxxx's thread just as a rough first draft to let others see a dpup-stretch), I had both Leafpad and Geany installed from the get go, and I never had one problem using them, especially the 'save-as'. They've never crashed on me once since I did the original build, and I use them both frequently, both 'save' and 'save-as'. Right now, I just tested them again to make sure I was not imagining things. So I don't get it??? ----wait, is it because I was one of the first ones to install ttuuxxx's Geany-icon.pet fix? Nope, that is not it....I just checked that .pet.....and there is no "zzz_glib" in it....only simple icons. How could my dpup-stretch build have no leafpad/geany problems when it seems others did? Is it because I stuck to the woof-CE's default 3.14.79 kernel that came in the base build and everyone else is using different kernels?

Sorry for the stupid question, just trying (still) to understand about this leafpad/geany and zzz_glib thing Sad




P.S. Going to download your puduan in in the next few days so I can give it a spin. I've just been modding mine again...adding all kinds of things to mine like PCManFM/Rox-right-click functions like 'singlepet2deb', 'singlepet2sfs', 'reDeb', ''folderdeb2pet', 'folderpets2deb', 'petspec', 'multirename', "pcdrop" (converts all pics formats into another format by just dropping the pic on the script), and also 'arcdrop', (for converting archive files from one format to another by just dropping the file onto the script window). Plus I am adding to the overall OS things like 'parcellite (removed glipper & xclipboard), 'DogRadio', 'you2pup', 'osmo', 'JWMDesk' (removed JWM Configuation manager), 17 new GTK themes, 28 new Icons themes (fromm various creators over the past 2-3 years), and Oscar's great 40 new JWM themes. Smile I am unabashedly taking all the best ideas from the ~15 different pups I keep running from various creators over the past few years. It is making this dpup-stretch-700 really something, and I am still at ~350-375MB even with last FirefoxESR 45.-7 included Wink Anyhow, thank you for explaining the leafpad/geany confusion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0741s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0047s) ][ GZIP on ]