Some .pets and packages work in Tahr and some don't.

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
Semme

#16 Post by Semme »

You can test run any binary by downloading, then extracting your pkg in /tmp.

Launch binaries outside the "PATH" variable with a rt-clk, window, "terminal here"
then "./binary_name" or, DOT_FORWARDSLASH_BINARYNAME type deal to see the messages.

The beauty of this method relies on the fact that items placed in this directory don't survive a reboot.

As Smokey a few posts back hinted >> https://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-sh ... ement.html
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

zippy12

Installing packages

#17 Post by zippy12 »

Thanks for all the reply and help................I think what I need is a nooby guide to using puppy Linux..........I'm still in baby step mode.

foxpup

Re: Installing packages

#18 Post by foxpup »

[quote="zippy12"]Thanks for all the reply and help................I think what I need is a nooby guide to using puppy Linux..........I'm still in baby step mode.

zippy12

Installing packages

#19 Post by zippy12 »

Oh yes , I really don't know yet , but will................I think back to my first experience with a "computer"........... It was my kids' Commodore.............. Learned a small bit there , but moved on to help Bill get rich ( windows) and as I look back ,I've concluded I stayed with and spent too much money on windows.
I only spend about an hour a day in front of Puppy these days.