Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 18 Jan 2018, 06:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » HOWTO ( Solutions )
Puppy Linux UEFI boot EASY
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 4 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
T-Biscuit

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug 2017, 21:34    Post subject: Re: Puppy Linux UEFI boot EASY
Subject description: how to make any puppy ISO boot from a pc with UEFI bios

jd7654 wrote:
I got one of those Bay Trail tablets. It does work with Puppy/Linux but takes some fiddling around. Mine is mostly dead now, bad battery. I'll probably replace it with a Cherry Trail that has normal 64-bit EFI so easier to work with Linux.

Ditto! I've seen a few dual core Celerons such as N3060 that make me itchy, but I will definitely look for a legacy mode option and mainstream 64-bit uefi, too. Or it will be returned same day.

With any luck maybe my current cheapo will expire prematurely, too. Laughing
jd7654

PostPosted: Tue 08 Aug 2017, 23:16    Post subject: Re: Puppy Linux UEFI boot EASY

T-Biscuit wrote:
Ditto! I've seen a few dual core Celerons such as N3060 that make me itchy, but I will definitely look for a legacy mode option and mainstream 64-bit uefi, too. Or it will be returned same day.

With any luck maybe my current cheapo will expire prematurely, too. Laughing

I'd stay away from those N3050/N3060 chips myself, awful performance. Atom x5 Cherry Trail is way better. The quad core N3150/3160 are comparable, but those seem to be for Chromebooks.

FYI, Baytrail Linux boot should work as shown with just those files. I noticed the bootia32.efi file that was posted previously was different from the one I was using successfully. That one is 558KB and the one which works for me is 607KB.(came from here) The one in the original post is larger still, but can't check that one as my tablet is out for a while.
T-Biscuit

PostPosted: Wed 09 Aug 2017, 06:29    Post subject: Re: Puppy Linux UEFI boot EASY

[quote="jd7654" I'd stay away from those N3050/N3060 chips myself, awful performance. Atom x5 Cherry Trail is way better. The quad core N3150/3160 are comparable, but those seem to be for Chromebooks.

FYI, Baytrail Linux boot should work as shown with just those files. I noticed the bootia32.efi file that was posted previously was different from the one I was using successfully. That one is 558KB and the one which works for me is 607KB.(came from here) The one in the original post is larger still, but can't check that one as my tablet is out for a while.[/quote]

I appreciate the tips on the chips ( Laughing ) and will give them weight when the opportunity comes. And I have downloaded the boota32.efi file that worked for you & will give it a try -- maybe tonight!
Page 4 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » House Training » HOWTO ( Solutions )
Jump to: