Setting up a dual user and dual language 64 bits Puppy/Dog

Using applications, configuring, problems
Atle

Setting up a dual user and dual language 64 bits Puppy/Dog

#1 Post by Atle »

Dear folks...

I have looked everywhere, tested around 5 distroes like Mint, Fedora, PCLinux OS, and Ubuntu in order to set up something as simple as this:

A Lenove W500 for two users whereas one needs Norwegian language and the other Brazilian. The minium of software is at leat Google Earth working.

Some of the distroes above did this and that, but they all failed quality control as for me.

Now are there any Puppy/Dog that can provide a decent user experience for someone that wants Norwegian and Brazilian? I am not so keen to spend more time to "find out if it works"... I need to know if it can work or not.

Not "I think" or "maybe", but "This does it"...

sorry for being a bit impatiience, but i am sick of this damn computer and wants it done and out of my life.

dancytron

#2 Post by dancytron »

Have you tried setting up a separate save file/folder for each user?

Atle

#3 Post by Atle »

Anyone that truelly understand what I ask for advice to achieve?

dancytron

#4 Post by dancytron »

Explain why what I suggested won't work for you.

Why not one save file/folder for Norwegian and one for Brazilian each set up with the correct locales and keyboards? With 2 save files/folders, the user will automatically get a choice of which they want each time they bootup and they can just choose the appropriate one.

Atle

#5 Post by Atle »

So i take another 6 months off from Puppyland. Same bullshitter ranting sensless as usual.

No need for more comments as I will just stay away for a long time like last time "Dancytron" fuced up my day.

LazY Puppy

#6 Post by LazY Puppy »

I don't know if I get your request the right way.

Thoug, forum member L18L had written a program that will allow you to run programs under a different language compared to the language setup for the OS.

Can't find the topic atm (and I'm too lazy also) (probably it's somewhere in Localization Projects?), though a PM to L18L should be worth a try - if I didn't get the your request completely wrong.

Sorry, if I'd destroyed your day by now in complete... :lol:
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink: