How to use Brother MFC-495CW in Slacko 6.3 64 bit?

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
blastercat

How to use Brother MFC-495CW in Slacko 6.3 64 bit?

#1 Post by blastercat »

Cant seem to install printer drivers for brother MFC-495CW printer. Tried puppy pet with no luck. Seems you must preinstall two items. These are the two items. mkdir/var/spool/lpd This one seemed easy. Went to root (console) typed it in pressed enter and it seemed to take it. This one
ia32-libs or lib32stdc++ I have no clue how to enter it. Slacko is run from flash drive on new lenovo UEFI loaded with window (usless) 10. I have been running puppy 32 bit on two other older machines for years with no problems. I would stick with 32 bit puppy on the new machine but in locks up on boot. Tried everything I know (very little). Once in a great while it will go in then wont shut normal, you have to shut the machine off to go out

Would appreciate any help you can give me.
BLASTERCAT

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Howdy Mate.

Aboard 64 you're gonna need this baby loaded.

Not sure which instructions you've gone by but I'd say your chances are far better following these, though you may have already broken Slacko's print routine, in which case, it ain't gonna fly unless you start again from square one.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/download ... all&os=128

Yeah, I kid you not.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

blastercat

#3 Post by blastercat »

Will try that file. will I use that with 32 or 64 slacko ? Have been spoiled by printer pet file. brother site claims I need 2 files in order to make 64 bit files work. As I say, I have no trouble with 32bit slacko but this 64 bit is new to me and I can't use the (lifesaver) pet file that I guard with my life.
I appreciate the help, will let you know the outcome. That article by rcrsn51 has been my bible since 2013

greengeek

#4 Post by greengeek »

Hi, can you post a link to the Slacko you have downloaded? cheers

blastercat

#5 Post by blastercat »

Just google SLACKO 6.3 /64 bit download and you will get at least 5 places