Business Puppy

Using applications, configuring, problems
EarlSmith

Business Puppy

#1 Post by EarlSmith »

I know we want a small, fast, fun Puppy. But I want a small, fast, fun Puppy I can use for everything including BUSINESS!!
Thanks to danleff on the "Wine-I need emulation" post in the beginners help discussion area, he posted a reference to this -- http://cbbrowne.com/info/financefreesoft.html
The first item listed was SQL-Ledger -- I had no idea there was a FREE bookeeping program that had instructions about how to convert from Quickbooks. Thanks SO much, danleff.
The reason I posted this in the users area is because this is a real solution to one of the problems many of us have. I know by looking at the SL web site, I will need to figure out how to add the other support programs to Puppy. I'll take this on as a learning experience and share the info with anyone who is interested. It shows that one person can make a lot of difference in peoples lives.
When Barry gets OpenOffice up and going in 1.0.4, combined with Sql-Ledger, I will be a happy 100% PuppyPerson!
Just thinking ahead, maybe we need a Business discussion area in the forum. Everyone should be running a small business, you save so much money and taxes that way.

klhrevolutionist

Cheer's

#2 Post by klhrevolutionist »

I think that idea is brilliant a business section in the forum. This is why puppy is better than the rest real input from real people!!!

Rich

#3 Post by Rich »

Good luck with SQL-Ledger.

I too think that a business orientated version would be a superb addition.
Is there any other software you think should be included?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Message to John Murga

#4 Post by Lobster »

Have suggested by PM (private message) this section to John

Advanced topics

• Professional
    Business, Education, Practical everyday usage
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

EarlSmith

#5 Post by EarlSmith »

You may not have seen my other post on this subject but two areas stand out at the moment for me. Puppy will have a realible print function in 1.0.4. This is why I am still using 0.9.9 . The print functions must work. Also I like using Mozilla versions with Calendar functions. I find this function very usefull and easy to use. So I will stick with the Mozilla versions with calendar.
The fact that you can customize Puppy so easily is also a business plus. I have always disliked ms blot. The best programs to me are the ones that do a specific job well. I will be trying out Barry's new smaller calendar program when 1.0.4 comes out and if it fills my needs I will use it. I just like having the choice.
Puppy could be the Linux distribution that could be used for both home and business. If your job envolves travel at all, Puppy could fill those hours in the working world and the after hours relaxation time. It allows the use of older much less expensive laptops. Any money saved on computer equipment goes into my pocket. Ebay has many laptops for under $150 that can easily run Puppy. Why would I spend $2000 on a machine with software that I can spend <$200 on to get the same function. I even bought a spare matching laptop so a down machine never stops my work.
Well you asked for other ideas. I'll have a lot more in the future! :)

klhrevolutionist

Business

#6 Post by klhrevolutionist »

Business is back! While I am unable to create a usergroup, I have created a wiki page for
people interested.
A business puppy should include business applications, e-mail, fax, printing, and any other ideas that will be needed and so forth. So with people interested in a Puppy optimized for business you should inquire and make suggestions and posting and replies and private messages.
If you do not the result will be that business is not good for puppy :(

visit: http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/BusinessPuppy
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!