xwoaf - rebuild

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
belham2

#46 Post by belham2 »

goingnuts wrote:Xwoaf-rebuild-4.0 now available - view first post for link to download and small description or visit for details. Most linux GUI applications on a floppy - ever.

Hi goingnuts,

I just downloaded the "4" iso, and loaded her up. She booted great, straight to the desktop, after choosing my keyboard layout (30) :) But then I ran into a problem. No matter what I tried, wired and/or wireless, or even booting on a different machine ( a laptop & trying its touchpad), I cannot get a functioning mouse. I've tried USB mouses, wireless mouses, even the old style PS/2 wired mouse on an old Compaq machine. No mouse-type was recognized despite booting up great everywhere.

This just seems incredible what you've done.....just wish I could get one of my darn mouse(s) to work to keep going forward with it :cry:

goingnuts

#47 Post by goingnuts »

belham2: Thank you for your feedback! Most chance for success if you boot images in qemu as modules included in kernel are targeted qemu.
Mouse support is PS/2-type and works on real hardware here including a laptop. I have recompiled kernel with additional support for Logitech busmouse and Microsoft busmouse. If you want to give it another trial the iso can be downloaded here.
Attachments
bzImage.gz
woaf-light kernel - fake .gz
(225.28 KiB) Downloaded 22 times