Does Anyone Have a Pet of Gkrellm for Puppy 4x?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Eathray

Does Anyone Have a Pet of Gkrellm for Puppy 4x?

#1 Post by Eathray »

Hi all,

There used to be a few gkrellm pets floating around, but they seem to have all disappeared. specifically I was looking for one for 4 series. I know ttuuxxx made one a long time ago. I just can't find them now. There's a dotpup that doesn't work and a lot of broken links.

I'm using it for 4.2smp by aragon.

I will be very grateful if someone has it lying around and would post it. I'll even put it somewhere so everyone can find it. Looking for an older version that will be a one click install gig without a million libs to chase lol. Help please :)

Eathray

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Until your prayer's answered and if you've got the devx loaded, zip this out in /tmp and: ldd ./gkrellm

The output?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Eathray

#3 Post by Eathray »

Semme wrote:Until your prayer's answered and if you've got the devx loaded, zip this out in /tmp and: ldd ./gkrellm

The output?
Hi Semme,

I'm not sure if the exact dev is available since it's a custom ride. I certainly can get the 4.2 dev on which it's built, but aragon swapped out the kernel and made a bunch of upgrades, so things may not match up as they should... I'm assuming it's Oz400_devx(?) and there are three available, 400, 412, and 412-1. Suggestions?

Thanks
eathray

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

4x series know-how's up to you.

Did you happen to try my above command?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Eathray

#5 Post by Eathray »

Semme wrote:4x series know-how's up to you.

Did you happen to try my above command?
I've extracted the file to tmp and ran it just for laughs with your command, but haven't picked a dev yet. 'No such file or directory.'

I'll pick the most recent 4x dev and see what happens. be back shortly.

Thanks

eathray

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

Of the two characters you could have tried, you chose the wrong one. Try again..

Really though, my guess is you don't know how to copy'n paste with Pups ever dopey Urxvt.

Eathray

#7 Post by Eathray »

Semme wrote:Of the two characters you could have tried, you chose the wrong one. Try again..

Really though, my guess is you don't know how to copy'n paste with Pups ever dopey Urxvt.
had to resize the save file. dev is installing... That's a big one.

Copy Paste... Highlight, CTRL+c, middle click usually works for me...

still waiting on install, the old coppermine is spinning like a hamster wheel...

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

Ya know, a quick "which ldd" would've told you whether it's onboard or not.

Eathray

#9 Post by Eathray »

Semme wrote:Ya know, a quick "which ldd" would've told you whether it's onboard or not.
k well... try it in a minute... the tack is buried at the moment, but I think my guess is good by the dates.

Eathray

#10 Post by Eathray »

Okay, here I go:

Code: Select all

/tmp/latest_gkrellm/gkrellm: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Script completed hit RETURN to close window.
This is what I ran into the other day. When I couldn't get the pup version I found working, I tried pulling from debian wheezy. A long string of deps which I faithfully installed over the course of a few hours only to get to the end and have it tell me it didn't like my GNUTLS_2-12 because it wanted... GNUTLS_2-12 LOL. I gave up. Anyway, this is the lib-chasing part. There's about 12 missing dependencies.

Semme

#11 Post by Semme »

If you would run the command I gave you please..

Eathray

#12 Post by Eathray »

# ldd ./gkrellm
ldd: ./gkrellm: No such file or directory
# 

# ./gkrellm
bash: ./gkrellm: No such file or directory
# 
Nothing. should I try the path?

ally

#13 Post by ally »

ally

#14 Post by ally »

Eathray

#15 Post by Eathray »

Thanks ally,

It installed fine but there's a couple missing libs. I'll track them down and report back.

Thanks guys

Eathray

#16 Post by Eathray »

Okay, trying ally's pet:

wanted libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0. I gave it these two libs then it gave an undefined symbol error: g_malloc_n. I thought this related to gtk so I tried some newer versions, then some older versions. No good. I don't know what it's asking for.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Mike Walsh

#17 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Eathray.

Let us know how you get on with this, will you, please? Ever since trying out Lighthouse64 around a year ago, I've developed rather a soft spot for GKrellM.....but like you, I've never been able to even find a .pet for it, never mind actually manage to get it up and running.

Wasn't any point trying to copy the stuff over for the 32-bit Pups, since Lighthouse is 64-bit. 'Nuff said..!

Mike. :wink:

Eathray

#18 Post by Eathray »

Hey Mike,

what's killing me is I used to have it on a 4.1.2 set up but I've completely misplaced the pet so now I'm kicking myself because its not around anymore! dang it! :x

OscarTalks

#19 Post by OscarTalks »

Downloaded the source code, version 2.3.10 from git and it compiled fairly easily in Slacko 5.7 and also in Wheezy. Sorry but I don't have any old series 4 Puppies set up.
Oscar in England

Semme

#20 Post by Semme »

ER, what's the response here?

ls -l /lib | grep libssl.*