Edit kernel and initrd?

This is where threads concerning the development of the next version of Puppy live.
ARModer64

Edit kernel and initrd?

#1 Post by ARModer64 »

Just cooking my unknown (yet) puppy based distro.. but I dont know how to edit kernel and initrd.gz(xz) on this base.. Anyone?

LazY Puppy

Re: Edit kernel and initrd?

#2 Post by LazY Puppy »

ARModer64 wrote:Just cooking my unknown (yet) puppy based distro.. but I dont know how to edit kernel and initrd.gz(xz) on this base.. Anyone?
I don't know, what's the Puppy you want to edit its initrd of and I also don't know how to edit its kernel, though I know definitely:

- one should be somehow experienced in intermediary state before starting to edit the initrd (especially if one wants to edit its init script)

What do you want to achieve by editing the initrd?
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

ARModer64

Re: Edit kernel and initrd?

#3 Post by ARModer64 »

LazY Puppy wrote:
ARModer64 wrote:JWhat do you want to achieve by editing the initrd?
I just want to hide the text that comes out everytime you turn on it.. Like ubuntu? which has boot splash and animation.. :) :D
Puppy Linux User from Philippines!!!
"Know your Limitations and let me BREAK IT!"
CurrentOS: Debian Dog

LazY Puppy

#4 Post by LazY Puppy »

Ok, that's something I had worked out for my T.O.P.L.E.S.S.

Here is a topic on that issue.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink: