A.U.D.R.E.Y.

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
LazY Puppy

A.U.D.R.E.Y.

#1 Post by LazY Puppy »

Hi.

Since we don't have a special SFS section on the forum I'd chosen to place this into the Unsorted forum as it would fit into many categories like Multimedia, Graphics, Network etc.pp.

Ok, now going to introduce a very smart Gal, named after a great American female actor.

Her name is: A.U.D.R.E.Y.

Again a recursive acronym...

Audrey Users Don't Reveal Environmental Yelling

A.U.D.R.E.Y. is a very smart Gal about how to use programs easily in PUPMODE=5 (but not only) by .sfs modules. Just run them from a existing menu entry immediately for each program included into A.U.D.R.E.Y. (downloading SFS, loading SFS and executing application is just a single click away). (You may need to mount the boot drive first - probably, as it comes just with the basics of my SFS P.L.U.S. scripts.)

For this to achieve A.U.D.R.E.Y. comes with an set of SFS P.L.U.S. RunScripts, that will do all the job completely. Just rename the downloaded audrey.sfs to the adrive sfs of the your Puppy.

Examples:

- adrv_tahr_6.0.2.sfs
- adrv_tahr_6.0.5.sfs
- adrv_yara_1.3.sfs
- adrv_yara_1.5.sfs.

Renaming to ydrive sfs -if there is already a adrive sfs- should work also.

Download of first version of audrey.sfs. It is stored at smokey01.com/RSH/ (thanks again for still hosting my work) and is usable in the above mentioned Puppies. Most of the programs in audrey.sfs may work also in unicorn 6.0 and vivid beta2.

So, now have fun using programs from .sfs modules.

In order and with love from A.U.D.R.E.Y.,

RSH / LazY Puppy

P.S.

If there's any .sfs module missing from download, let me know.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

LazY Puppy

List of programs available in audrey.sfs

#2 Post by LazY Puppy »

This is the list of programs available in audrey.sfs:

Aeolus-0.9.0-1-tahr
ALSAPlayer-0.99.81
Amarok-1.4.10-i386-lenny_486
ApplyExifJAR-1.05
Aqualung-0.9-tahr
Ardour-2.8.16-tahr
Ardour-3.5.308-tahr
ArtOfIllusion-3.0-DocsAndScenes
ArtOfIllusion-3.0
Audacity-tahr-2.1
Blender-2.73-i686
CBR-Pager-0.9.22
CinelerraCV215
DVDStyler-2.5.2-tahr
FM4Pane-3.0
ForeMost-1.5.5
Fraqtive-0.4.5-6-precise
Fyre-1.0.1-1
GimpPainter-2.8.7
Gimp-PlugIns-2.8
GTick-0.5.2-3-tahr
GtKlick-0.6.4-4-tahr
GtkRecordMyDesk-0.3.8.1-tahr
Guitarix-0.28.2-4-tahr
Hexter-1.0.2-3-tahr
Horgand-1.14-5-tahr
Hydrogen-0.9.6-tahr
ImageTagger-1.1.0.2
JASCiiArt-0.10-JDraw-1.1.5
JGraphite-0.5.8
jre-1.7u13-i586
JWildFire-2.23
KDEnLiVE-0.9.6-tahr
Kid3-2.1-i486
LightZone_4.0.0-0_i386
Lives-2.2.0-tahr
lmms-1.0.0-tahr
Mandvd-2.5-5
Marble-4.8.3-precise
Muse-2.1.2-1-tahr
MuseScore-1.3-full-tahr
OpenOffice-4.1.1
Palemoon-24.7.1
PDFSaM-2.2.1
Pencil2D-0.5.4-tahr
Pically-1.0.3
Pikona4
Pixelitor_1.1.1
Pixelize-1.0.0-1
PupSnap-1.6.3_Scrot-0.8_32Bit-l528
QJackCtl-0.3.10-2-tahr
QTractor-0.5.11-3-tahr
QWatermark-0.2.1
Rakarrack-0.6.1-4-tahr
Rosegarden-13.06-tahr
RotoScope-0.2
Sankore-2.4.0
tintii-2.9.0-i486-static
urbanlightscape-1.3.3-i486-static
WinePortableApplicationStarter-1.1.3-1.7.4
Wink151
Xaos35
XFE1325
xvidcap-1.1.7-tahr
Zita-MusicTools-1.0-tahr
ZynAddMusicTools-1.0-tahr

Flowblade-0.18
XaraLX-1785
Firefox-45.0.1-2
Openshot-1.4.3-tahr
Scrivener-1.9.0.1-i386
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

zigbert

#3 Post by zigbert »

Some posts make me happy...
This one did :D

Thank you

p310don

#4 Post by p310don »

Tried this this morning, it didn't work. Tried it tonight, seems to work OK, although complains about mis-matched md5 on everything so far. But, it works in the end.

Is this like the perfect Puppy program for new Puppy installations?

fmiguel

#5 Post by fmiguel »

Really interesting :)

LazY Puppy

#6 Post by LazY Puppy »

p310don wrote:Tried this this morning, it didn't work. Tried it tonight, seems to work OK, although complains about mis-matched md5 on everything so far. But, it works in the end.

Is this like the perfect Puppy program for new Puppy installations?
The md5sum issue is related to the date of uploading a .sfs module and dependent on the date of creation of the RunScripts. The RunScripts in A.U.D.R.E.Y. were created by using the .sfs modules locally existing on my machine. Those .sfs modules have been edited for some reasons / private needs, so the md5sum won't match to the ones of the already uploaded .sfs modules.

Maybe I should just switch md5sum check to off next time?

Should work though - as you find out already.

I don't know if this is the perfect program for new puppy installations, though, it's a clever way to have a very small adrive sfs with lots of programs to use.

It covers a software collection of around 2 GB by just 1.5 MB of the audrey.sfs.
RSH

p310don

#7 Post by p310don »

I don't know if this is the perfect program for new puppy installations...
I remember back in the lucid development days, there was a lot of discussion about keeping the ISO size down to the bare minimum. The solution was the quickpet idea. Don't include the big programs into the default puppy, but have them readily available and downloadable.

Audrey seems to be an extension / variation on the same theme. In theory you could have a barebones Puppy by default, then using Audrey, you can have pretty much every program you wish for on the menu, and available only a couple of minutes away.

The disadvantage of course is that my menu is now even more busy than it was before!

LazY Puppy

#8 Post by LazY Puppy »

In addition to my previous post:

SFS Modules and its SFS Dependencies

The RunScripts placed in A.U.D.R.E.Y.'s audrey.sfs are using some .sfs modules that has .sfs dependencies - e.g. a java sfs or a sfs for plugins.

Two examples would be the LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs and the LP2_Gimp-2.8.10-tahr.sfs which can use the LP2_Gimp-PlugIns-2.8.sfs as its optional dependency - optional means it will work also without.

If you are using tahr 6.0.2 at first run of e.g. gimp painter from LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs it will/should download automatically also the LP2_Gimp-PlugIns-2.8.sfs as its optional dependency.

And so it should be for the LP2_LightZone_4.0.0-0_i386.sfs, which will/should download automatically LP2_jre-1.7u13-i586.sfs as its requested dependency - requested means it will not work without.

Such dependent .sfs modules will be loaded as well after its parent .sfs module (e.g. LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs) is loaded and before the program will execute.

These dependencies are defined inside of such LP2_, LP4_, LP5_ etc. .sfs module - that's why they have the LPx_ prefix as they got additional directories and files to have some control about the process of loading a sfs by sfs_load. It's very smart and comfortabel to let a java program in its sfs know, what dependency it needs to load to have a working environment or additional plugins etc.pp. already loaded before the program executes.

Path /.LazYPuppySFSData/SFSDependencies contains a file dependent on DISTRO_SPECS and DISTRO_VERSION which holds the defined dependencies for e.g. LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs.

The file name would look like: LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs.tahr.6.0.2.dependencies and its content would be: LP2_Gimp-PlugIns-2.8.sfs

If you want to use this feature e.g. in Yara OSX 1.5 just open the LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs to edit, make a copy of LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs.tahr.6.0.2.dependencies and name it to LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs.yara.1.5.dependencies. Re-squash the .sfs module and store it back to its original location to load from (usually boot- or install-dir).

Next time running gimp from LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs it will load automatically LP2_Gimp-PlugIns-2.8.sfs as its optional dependency in Yara OSX 1.5.

That way you can define your own dependent .sfs modules inside of such parent .sfs module to be loaded automatically.

You can choose to change also the used java sfs as dependency for the LP2_LightZone_4.0.0-0_i386.sfs for your like just by editing its distro dependent dependency definition file (e.g.: LP2_LightZone_4.0.0-0_i386.sfs.tahr.6.0.2.dependencies).

Once setup neither more to destroy accidentially - except by removing the .sfs module completely from drive.

Modifying the RunScripts

Those RunScripts are stored at /root/.my-sfs-scripts in its sub-directories named after the .sfs module, e.g. sub-directory: LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs.Scripts.

There is lots of stuff that could be modified manually.

Example:

Parameter: DISPLAYUSESFSLOAD="sfs_load"

If a program loaded from .sfs module by sfs_load will not execute/run, try unloading the .sfs module, edit DISPLAYUSESFSLOAD="sfs_load" inside of its RunScript (e.g.: LP2_GimpPainter-2.8.7.sfs.gimppainter287.run.sh) to DISPLAYUSESFSLOAD="sfs_load_top_layer" and in many cases it will work though. I'm doing this with some of my qjackctl . sfs modules that's qjackctl mostly won't run if not installed. Loading to a top layer will solve such issues - though, ATTENTION: I did NOT check this under save file or save folder conditions! :!:

Reply to p310don
p310don while I was editing my post wrote:The disadvantage of course is that my menu is now even more busy than it was before!
Just unsquash the audrey.sfs and remove what you don't need. Just remove the files in /usr/share/applications and /usr/share/applications-desktop-files/applications. This will make the menu not that busy but will keep ability still to use the programs (by its RunScripts) of removed .desktop files in above mentioned directories.
p310don while I was editing my post wrote:Audrey seems to be an extension / variation on the same theme. In theory you could have a barebones Puppy by default, then using Audrey, you can have pretty much every program you wish for on the menu, and available only a couple of minutes away.
Of course!

Currently A.U.D.R.E.Y. and its audrey.sfs comes with a preset collection of programs that might not fit to anyone and probably might not convince a user to try this out.

Probably better way could be to provide an almost empty audrey.sfs (just the basic scripts from SFS P.L.U.S.) plus a small and easy to use program to download just those RunScripts for the programs from .sfs modules that are really needed and/or wanted and then to create this individually audrey.sfs.

So the user can avoid immediately having a much more busy menu. :wink: :lol:
RSH