ARMv8 Aarch32 CPU Virtulization With Puppy Quirky?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
DavidS

ARMv8 Aarch32 CPU Virtulization With Puppy Quirky?

#1 Post by DavidS »

I have no idea were to start here. I know that it is possible to virtulize the CPU on the ARMv8 in Aarch32 Mode. I know that Linux provides some services to help with this.

So my question is where can I find the needed information on virtulizing the CPU in Puppy Quirky (and I am sure Linux in general)?

Once I can do that I will be able to begin on the api layer to use Linux + X for input and output while providing a large subset of the RISC OS API allowing some RISC OS applications to run natively on Puppy Quirky.

I am running Puppy Quirky as my main Operating System on a Raspberry Pi 3B which has a quad core ARMv8 CPU, running in Aarch32 mode for this OS (as well as for RISC OS).

I have always liked Puppy, and have been using it on the x86 for a long time, and on a PowerPC Macintosh for a long time as well. As Puppy is a low resource usage Linux I have said that if a stable and usable Puppy ever gets ported to the Raspberry Pi I would do this hybrid project (been saying this since the first RPi in 2012).

Puppy Linux is the ideal Linux in my opinion, and RISC OS is the ideal OS for other usage in my opinion. The two fit together like a glove, both are low resource, both assume that the user should have full control, both lack the extra stuff that nearly no one uses, and I think no one uses all of.