Problems with Wifi In Tahrpup 6.0.5 (Solved)

WoodLark

Problems with Wifi In Tahrpup 6.0.5 (Solved)

#1 Post by WoodLark »

I am using Tahrpup 6.0.5 on a Dell E6410 laptop. Up until recently, I used a wired network connection and had no problems. Now, I have it connected by wifi and have two issues:

1. Network open (no encryption). I can connect to the network with no problem. However, if I walk away from the computer and come back sometime later, it has disconnected from the network, and I have to go through the whole Connect Wizard again.

2. If I try to use encryption (I have tried WPA and WPA2 using both TKIS and AES), the wizard simply times out without connecting.

I know lots of puppy users must be successfully able to use encryption so I would appreciate any help. I am becoming very frustrated.

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Take a look @ this WookLark. If it pans out for you, perhaps a few words..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

WoodLark

#3 Post by WoodLark »

I installed peasywifi 4.1. It does seem to have solved the "disconnect" problem. I haven't tried encryption yet. I'll let you know how that goes once I have a chance to check it out.

WoodLark

#4 Post by WoodLark »

I set up WPA2/AES security, and using peasywifi, I was able to connect with no problem. peasywif rocks! It should probably be the (or at least a) default connect application for puppies.

Semme

#5 Post by Semme »

8) Excellent! Bill's not only a TOP contributer, he's a class act.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<