slacko_puppy_6.3.2.sfs not found

Booting, installing, newbie
403hermit

slacko_puppy_6.3.2.sfs not found

#1 Post by 403hermit »

i previously had slacko puppy 6.3.2 working on my dell inspiron 8600. I messed it up and am trying to reboot it from a live usb install created from slacko-6.3.2-uefi.iso. all seems to work well until it starts looking for puppy files and spits out the error in the title.

Please help me solve this. I was enjoying Puppy!

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

:D Welcome Mate!

By "working" you mean as a full install or frugal?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

Nooo, that was not a trick question.

When you manage to get back, and if this is a frugal install, was it to an NTFS partition?

What is it you *think* you did? You know, what you don't tell us is most likely the problem. :wink:
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

403hermit

#4 Post by 403hermit »

I previously had done a full installation which allowed me to use Wi-Fi Firefox and other apps.

I decided to add a partition and add android marshmallow. At that point I also added trusted grub. When I tried to reboot I could only get to a menu offering me android options. I was unable to boot any of them and was unable to return to grub for DOS to get my puppy Linux running.

I decided to reboot the system from USB live stick and was planning on wiping the hard drive and reinstalling puppy Linux.

I downloaded slacko-6.3.2-uefi.iso and created a new boot drive using G parted and DD command from raspberry pi 3.

The booting process ends after loading drivers for reading drives when it can't find the puppy file : slacko_puppy_6.3.2.sfs

Peterm321

#5 Post by Peterm321 »

Maybe changing the media parameter pmedia=usbhd in the boot startup screen may be a solution ? , see --

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 610#921610