How to set space between icons? [solved]

Booting, installing, newbie
mini-jaguar

How to set space between icons? [solved]

#1 Post by mini-jaguar »

How do I do this? I assume with Rox, but I can't find where. I'm referring to the icons in the windows, not the ones on the desktop.
Last edited by mini-jaguar on Mon 22 Aug 2016, 16:55, edited 2 times in total.

Sailor Enceladus

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

In the Windows? Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

learnhow2code

#3 Post by learnhow2code »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:In the Windows? Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?
there are two places that space exists between icons. one is the pinboard (the desktop.) you can move icons farther apart.

however, this is not about the pinboard. the op is referring to: when you open a rox-filer window, each folder has icons in it. the space between them has no setting-- the pinboard has a few.

options -> filer windows -> display -> icon view has no option for space between icons, but it has options for icon size and details of icon view. between these you may be able to sort of tweak the icons farther apart or closer together.

mini-jaguar

#4 Post by mini-jaguar »

learnhow2code wrote:options -> filer windows -> display -> icon view has no option for space between icons, but it has options for icon size and details of icon view. between these you may be able to sort of tweak the icons farther apart or closer together.
O.k., I can set the icon size, the problem is not so much the icons to the left or right, but the ones in the row under have a huge space where you could fit 4 or 5 more icons before you actually see the next row.

mini-jaguar

#5 Post by mini-jaguar »

Actually never mind, the problem was that I had a file with a really long name, so it adjusted the other icons to fit that file name.

learnhow2code

#6 Post by learnhow2code »

mini-jaguar wrote:the problem was that I had a file with a really long name, so it adjusted the other icons to fit that file name.
ah, ok. the way thats handled in other situations/programs is that it shows as much of the name as possible (wrapped) and then cuts off part of the name (if an icon on the next row overlaps, for example.) if the icon with the long name is highlighted, then it shows the entire name.

mini-jaguar

#7 Post by mini-jaguar »

^that's what I was expecting, otherwise I would not have started the thread. It isn't highlighted in any way.