FluxPup 1.6.1 PAE

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
oldyeller

FluxPup 1.6.1 PAE

#1 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

FluxPup-1.6.1. pae this is a 32bit os I had a lot of trouble woofing this pup for some reason woof-CE would not recognize some files that I had added so I built the main iso and than added what files I needed to put in.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
1gb of ram and 1.5ghz single core processor Do try this on older hardware and see how it does.

DOWNLOAD:
FluxPup-1.6.1 http://smokey01.com/Oldyeller/fluxpup/fluxpup-1.6.1.iso It's 163mb md5 ef7a41f63ee5a5bdef0f18238817115c

devx_fluxpup-1.6.1.sfs http://smokey01.com/Oldyeller/fluxpup/d ... _1.6.1.sfs md5 32fdc2aebcdb834effe46cba147f3a87

INFORMATION:
I have kept 3.9.11 kernel in the build. I have added updated pets to this, but since I had to add them manually test everything well and let me know what doesn't work if anything. I have installed LaZY-FReD so one can download more sfs and pets from other repositories such as fluxpup repository. One can still build sfs files such as zdrive and adrive as well as taking sfs and turning them into pets. I have installed FireFox-23. This will be the last FluxPup built from precise. I have added updated pets to the fluxpup repository. The latest pmusic does play on this pup you will just need to download it.

If anyone wants to put the root menu on the taskbar this is how to do it.

find this line in the init, it is in ~/.fluxbox folder- session.screen0.toolbar.tools: RootMenu, prevworkspace, workspacename, nextworkspace, iconbar, systemtray, clock. You can just copy and paste this into it as well.

If anyone wants to compile any new pets post them here and I will up load them to the repo

Enjoy
Last edited by oldyeller on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 22:28, edited 6 times in total.

ally

#2 Post by ally »

James C

#3 Post by James C »

Just a quick live test. All basics working on initial boot.

Updated Firefox to 45.0.2. Looks good from just a quick test.

Code: Select all

-Computer-
Processor		: 6x AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Memory		: 16530MB (311MB used)
Machine Type		: Physical machine
Operating System		: FluxPup - 1.6.1
User Name		: root (root)
Date/Time		: Mon 15 Aug 2016 01:35:38 AM CDT
-Display-
Resolution		: 1440x900 pixels
OpenGL Renderer		: Gallium 0.4 on NVA8
X11 Vendor		: The X.Org Foundation
-Audio Devices-
Audio Adapter		: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
Audio Adapter		: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia

Code: Select all

# report-video
VIDEO REPORT: FluxPup, version 1.6.1

Chip description:
VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev a2)

Requested by /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
  Resolution (widthxheight, in pixels): 1024x768x16
  Depth (bits, or planes):              24
  Modules requested to be loaded:       dbe 

Probing Xorg startup log file (/var/log/Xorg.0.log):
  Driver loaded (and currently in use): nouveau
  Loaded modules: dbe dri dri2 exa extmod fb glx kbd mouse record shadowfb

Actual rendering on monitor:
  Resolution:  1440x900 pixels (380x238 millimeters)
  Depth:       24 planes

...the above also recorded in /tmp/report-video
# 

Belham

Sublime

#4 Post by Belham »

Downloaded ISO, md5sum checked.

Frugal install to 1GB SDHC card.

Loaded Grub4dos after copying over ISO contents.

Boots right up, nice & fast.

Installed ARandR, dual monitors smooth w/ no problems. Basically all else needed is already included.

Machine specs install is on:
-Computer-
Processor : 2x AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Memory : 1805MB (207MB used)
Machine Type : TimeFusion Einstein machine
Operating System : FluxPup - 1.6.1
User Name : root (root)
Date/Time : Mon 15 Aug 2016 11:29:22 AM CEST
-Display-
Resolution : 2560x1024 pixels
Dual Monitors
OpenGL Renderer : Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS780
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
-Audio Devices-
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
-Input Devices-
Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard/Mouse
Power Button
Power Button
HDA ATI SB Line
HDA ATI SB Front Mic
HDA ATI SB Rear Mic
HDA ATI SB Front Headphone
HDA ATI SB Line Out Side
HDA ATI SB Line Out CLFE
HDA ATI SB Line Out Surround
HDA ATI SB Line Out Front
HDA ATI HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm

Browser updated (sort of, lol) to FF27, running Https Everywhere, Better Privacy, Ublock Origin & Self-Destructng Cookies...all no problems.

Gnome player, tried with various format videos, all play.

The speed, simplicity & fun of fluxbox....the true essence of puppy, at only 187MB ISO (207MB in RAM). Thank you, Oldyeller! :) :D
Attachments
fluxpup2c.png
(180.81 KiB) Downloaded 4601 times

Volhout

Test on EeePC

#5 Post by Volhout »

Hi Oldyeller,

Your Fluxpup 1.6. works fine on my eeePC X101CH. Via Frisbee been able to connect to wireless (SNS does not work).
Since this is a small screen (1024x600) I needed to run xorgwizard to select modesetting and the correct size, but from there it works.
Only noticed one problem on my eeePC (or is it my limitted knowledge of fluxbox): I cannot use the mouse at the edges of a window to scale the window to my likings (useful on a small screen).

works:
wifi, touchpad (multifinger gestures also), browser, youtube (didn't ven complain about updates), mounting (running from USB stick now). Save file, custom config (wbar bottom, drive icons left side, concky config), sound (also Fn keys) brightness (als Fn keys), battery,

Any idea about resizing windows ?

Any help ?

oldyeller

#6 Post by oldyeller »

Hi Volhout,

I have adjusted many windows, the corners are very touchy with the pointer use the corners of the window the edges are not adjustable. Some windows are not adjustable.

Volhout

Fluxbox is new to me

#7 Post by Volhout »

Hi Oldyeller,

I realized soo after asking the question that only the corners are sensitive, but thanks for the confirmation.

You could help me get familiar with fluxbox by answering following questions.

- can I set the default opening size of windows? Currently they are too wide. I saw a setting of 75% somewhere, but they open at 1300 pixels or so where my screen is 1024.

- How does the fluxbox menu generate. On JWM/ROX you add desktop files to /usr/share/applications, type 'fixmenus' and restart JWM. How does that work in fluxbox ? I want to add arduino. I managed to drag the desktop file to the desktop. I managed to get arduino on WBAR, but did not find how to get it in the menu.

Thanks in advance for your answers....

oldyeller

Re: Fluxbox is new to me

#8 Post by oldyeller »

Volhout wrote:Hi Oldyeller,

- can I set the default opening size of windows? Currently they are too wide. I saw a setting of 75% somewhere, but they open at 1300 pixels or so where my screen is 1024.

- How does the fluxbox menu generate. On JWM/ROX you add desktop files to /usr/share/applications, type 'fixmenus' and restart JWM. How does that work in fluxbox ? I want to add arduino. I managed to drag the desktop file to the desktop. I managed to get arduino on WBAR, but did not find how to get it in the menu.

Thanks in advance for your answers....

As far as opening size of window I don't think yo can change that but I could be wrong you can message dejan555 on that question he knows a lot more than me.

Fluxbox menu=put the desktop file in /usr/share/applications than on the menu go to Fluxbox-Menu Refresh Menu is what you press and than arduino should show up.

Cheers

Robert123

#9 Post by Robert123 »

Machine: Dell D620 2 gig ram.
Sound and booting to desktop correct resolution work well. Connects to internet fine with intel 3945 wireless card using frisbee. Only thing noticed that wbar and conky took a while to boot up.

suggestion a Non-pae version would be nice.
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

Pelo

Happy that my wake-up topics get Fluxpup at the top !

#10 Post by Pelo »

Frecnch keyboard was the default on last version. Perhaps oldyeller took it in account. 1.6.1 will be downloaded soon, not in a hurry, 1.6.0 still available on a pendrive.
Happy that my wake-up topics make people consider again so nice Puppies, prepaired and released after so many controls : Olldyellers's Puppies are always bêta !
" You, and your wife who did the artwork, did a great job creating one of the most beautifull pups ever made. " Ah, I did not know that :)
With 1.6.0 i appreciated the way of loading SFS (see 1.6.0 topic)
Attachments
baptiste Fricotin.jpg
Gramps loaded from PPM -Fluxpup 1.6.0
(103.9 KiB) Downloaded 1535 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 12:49, edited 4 times in total.

oldyeller

#11 Post by oldyeller »

Robert123 wrote:Machine: Dell D620 2 gig ram.
Only thing noticed that wbar and conky took a while to boot up.
Hi Robert123,
Yes I have notice that when changing the icons. will see if I can do anything about that or not.

thanks

Robert123

Re: Happy that my wake-up topics get Fluxpup at the top !

#12 Post by Robert123 »

[quote="Pelo"
Happy that my wake-up topics make people consider again so nice Puppies, prepaired and released after so many controls : Olldyellers's Puppies are always bêta ![/quote]

Maybe when you postings on that topic are focused on that topic and actually have something to do with it. In this particular case it was Old Yellers's own decision.
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

oldyeller

#13 Post by oldyeller »

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded the FluxPup-1..6.1 release I have fixed a few things that I saw.

The defaultaudioplayer is now set. pwidgets is removed didn't like the looks of it and it did make the changing of the icons just a tad bit faster.

Enjoy

117woofer

#14 Post by 117woofer »

Hello oldyeller
Thank you for your hard work.

I installed Fluxpup1.6.1 in usbstick( Ext4 format ) using UNetbootin.
Fluxpup was not able to make fluxpupsave.4fs.

Desktop drive icon(Ext4 format hard disc) indicated Ext3.
Why ?

My Fluxpup

oldyeller

#15 Post by oldyeller »

117woofer wrote:Hello oldyeller
Thank you for your hard work.

I installed Fluxpup1.6.1 in usbstick( Ext4 format ) using UNetbootin.
Fluxpup was not able to make fluxpupsave.4fs.

Desktop drive icon(Ext4 format hard disc) indicated Ext3.
Why ?

My Fluxpup
Hi 117woofer,
Will take a look at this as soon as I get a flash drive.

117woofer

#16 Post by 117woofer »

I'm sorry, I am not good at English.

My sda1 partition is ext4.
When I mouse over the partition icon on the desktop, it lists it as ext3.

# parted -l
Model: ATA ST3250312AS (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 250GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
1 1049kB 84.0GB 84.0GB primary ext4 boot

# modprobe ext4
# dmesg | tail
[ 1188.366975] EXT3-fs (sda1): error: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (240)

oldyeller

#17 Post by oldyeller »

I have checked out the ext4 and there is a problem, I am checking on a solution for it now. Hang in there and we will get htis fixed.

Thanks

Sage

#18 Post by Sage »

Very likeable, very fast, quite compact and comprehensive. Managed to shift the default desktop items to my preferred positions and sizes. I prefer my menu items only in lowerlhs menu, but would settle for them along the baseline if I could incorporate them into the task bar, or, at least not have them overlap ditto i.e. have them free to position like the unlock function in Xfce.
Any further advice, please?

davids45

Frugal FluxPup-1.6.1 Precise

#19 Post by davids45 »

G'day oldyeller,

I've just tried your latest FluxPup and find it runs well for pretty much everything I've tried it with so far.

I modified pwidgets to my current preferences (screenshot).

Most of my boot-loaded sfs run their packages as expected.

I'm posting from slimjet (precise-sfs) but had to start this in the terminal rather than clicking the desktop icon (which uses the slimjet.desktop file). I had had the NaCl helper problem with the first-tried slimjet-tahr sfs :oops: which didn't run at all. Rebooting with a slimjet-precise sfs gave me a terminal-working slimjet - despite its several error messages on the terminal before it opens up. Probably need to look at the slimjet.desktop text file to have slimjet run with the desired desktop-icon-click.

Otherwise (and slimjet is my problem, not your problem), very nice.

Thanks,

David S.
Attachments
frugalfluxbox161.png
(168.66 KiB) Downloaded 1105 times

slavvo67

#20 Post by slavvo67 »

OldYeller, Welcome Back!!!

I finally took a few minutes to look at the new FluxPup. Thrilled to have a new version!

One thing I noticed is that after using Simple Network Setup, you need to right click, network, firewall setup. Correct me, but I think without doing that you're left wide open without firewall.

I've practically given up CD installs. These things never degrade back into the Earth but still go with the old CD-RW is always a good option here.

I'll provide some more input as I test.

Kind regards,

Slavvo67