LastPass explained

Antivirus, forensics, intrusion detection, cryptography, etc.
labbe5

LastPass explained

#1 Post by labbe5 »

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/0 ... -455063009

After reading this article above, you will understand the benefit of having a cloud-based password manager.

With LastPass, you only need to remember an encrypted master password, and you can access it on your browser with a plugin. This way, you can have as many complicated passwords as you want, and you don't need to remember them all. The only reservation one could have is it is cloud-based. Anything that is on the internet can be subject to hacking, but LastPass is keeping everything encrypted in its vault, which means your data are unreadable.

april

#2 Post by april »

I have been using this for 6 months now and it is excellent . I fully recommend it to you . I do not share my master password with anyone, especially last pass, and they do ask !

Your pass phrase can be as long as you like and it is only needed when you wish to enter lastpass. Otherwise whatever your name and password is for each site is automatically entered for you when you go there each time . You only need enter it once and save to lastpass option appears and you accept.

It saves me a mass of time and I note all the MIT students also use it .

gcmartin

#3 Post by gcmartin »

I used lastpass. I find one area a deficient problem for me and have wondered if anyone knows an answer.

All of us have multiple IDs and passwords associated with the IDs and the respective sites. Those of us who use Lastpass enter those ID+password combinations for each site we want lastpass to maintain for us.

Problem
  • Is there a way to use my lastpass service to tell me the current ID and password I set yesterday for a particular site?
  • For example, if I enter my lastpass ID+password for my yahoo account, can I ask lastpass to show me my yahoo setting that I entered?
Hoping there is a way we can see what we saved in our lastpass.

april

#4 Post by april »

You have a lastpass flag red with three white dots or whatever you chose. If you don't see it then investigate and get that on a toolbar.
If you are on the site at the time click on the flag and you will see a drop-down that shows "matching sites" That will give you info and options

At any time click the drop-down , go to "myvault" and you can see all the sites you have joined to lastpass and their usernames and click the "eye" for the passwords. Here you can manage all the sites . All the name password combinations you have used will be listed in chronological order.

I think that answers you , explain more if not.