Puppy 6.3: Mouse pad scrolling not working in Firefox

Booting, installing, newbie
PalapaGuy

Puppy 6.3: Mouse pad scrolling not working in Firefox

#1 Post by PalapaGuy »

Hi all. Just installed Puppy 6.3.0 and have just one problem. My mouse pad scrolling doesn't work in Firefox although it seems to be set up in the mouse utility. Any help appreciated.

George

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hi PalapaGuy!

Welcome aboard!

What kind/make of laptop do you have? Some are fussy about X. Also, if you did a
frugal install (with pupsave file) or a full install. (We need these infos to help you.)

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

PalapaGuy

Setup here

#3 Post by PalapaGuy »

Hi Musher!

Dell Inspiron laptop 3520 Intel i3 with frugal ram-based install (I think) on USB thumb drive.

B.K. Johnson

#4 Post by B.K. Johnson »

I have a similar (probably the same) problem with a desktop. My scroll mouse isn't working but when I click in the scroll window, either the top of the web page or the end is displayed. I have to grab, hold and move the scrollbar slowly to advance. I think this behaviour started after implementing OscarTalks' fix for the blacked out tooltips. Maybe coincidental. Maybe another Gtk-3 related problem.

Profile details in my sig.
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]