About my wake-up attitude

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Pelo

About my wake-up attitude

#1 Post by Pelo »

"If you have a favorite application --one that you alway install as it hasn't found its way among the applications provided by a Puplet Dev-- see if it's shows up on the Additional Software Sub-forum. If it hasn't, post about it. If it has, and it works well under a new Puplet build, post that information. That post will move the application to the top of the Additional Software Sub-Forum's Category Discussion tread and keep it within the public's short attention span"
Use the last puplets with old XFCE stuff included. Unused does not mean Bad stuff, it means only That Puppy-builders serve ready for use packaged menu, with no renewal for passengers. Making new Puppies clones one of each other, whatever being Ubuntu or Slacko
Puplets generally put in pitch of pepper in the raw standard Puppies.
Taste them :!: and don't forget to underline nice apps you find into, by writing you remarks at the end of the existing topics, even if old, even if that get nervous some killers of old apps.

Robert123

#2 Post by Robert123 »

No Pelo,

It is because you are too lazy to start a new topic. I will say you did help Mistfire recently.

Non Pelo,

Il est parce que vous êtes trop paresseux pour commencer un nouveau sujet. Je vais dire que vous avez aider Mistfire récemment.

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

@Robert123:

I will offer the following explanation:

Maybe it's a deep cultural thing: we Francophones value history; most of
Anglophone culture values novelty.

Not that I agree with everything that pelo says in his posts, but I do like to know
that subject X or Y has a history.

If I dare say so, there is a lack of depth in the work of many Anglophone devs, in
that they are always starting anew; a lot of them don't care to investigate what
has been done before they had their "new" idea. (Before you call me a bigot and
jump on my back: I said "many", not "all". Some Anglophone devs do have very
good methodology.)

Sadly, this shows in many of the newer support scripts and dialogs for jwm. Many
think that the latest is the best, which is often wrong, because in the older scripts
the bugs were ironed out and the new scripts still have bugs.

Take the new "jwm Desk" dialog, for example. The issue had successfully been
solved in the past, but this dialog panel reintroduces bugs that were present when
I first joined the Puppy forum eight years ago.

If you are not interested in the history of a problem or bug, you do not benefit
from the solutions that were found earlier, because you do not know such solutions
exist and you do not benefit from the research that led to that solution.

Pelo is not "too lazy to start a new post". Like most members of his culture, he
simply likes continuity, and like most members of your culture, you seem to find
continuity annoying.

Best regards.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Pelo

US perhaps are not the best

#4 Post by Pelo »

US perhaps are not the best. The knowledge always starts in the past, to be changed step by step.

Sailor Enceladus

Re: US perhaps are not the best

#5 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Pelo wrote:US perhaps are not the best. The knowledge always starts in the past, to be changed step by step.
Admins like Flash (who are from the US) are the reason why you are allowed to post actually. For this reason I agree, the US is not the best. :lol: But we don't choose where we come from, I believe judging people by where they live falls under discrimination or racism or xenophobia or something... though since musher0 started this nonsense talk we can safely blame him. ;) :D

Robert123

#6 Post by Robert123 »

He could have reference to the old post in the new one.

Sometimes people like for example Ttuuxxx may use the old post like say 214x if say they are doing further work on it eg. new release fair enough. However most of the time Pelo is raving about nothing and is just polluting that thread with nonsense which makes no sense at all.

I stand he should start a new topic and pollute old ones with nonsense which is annoying for the original poster.

On the topic of manners he should desist from some rudeness to other forum members and show a bit more respect something I thought french people prized highly.

I will say this again he can be helpful on occasions when he wants to - example is helping Mistfire with his project.

Basically yes I do like order and continuity and realise people in these forums do go off topic but they aren't deliberately just posting something which makes no sense, raving on about nothing.

Also we do have this: http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PageIndex
which references all the threads regarding this topic.

So there is no need to do what Pelo does. I would also recommend if Pelo wants to test old stuff which I have no problem with that he put it under one thread named Pelo so that those who want to read it can, as that to me is orderly and not messing up useful old threads which are useful for reference as someone like me uses and older Puppy and finds them useful.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Pelo, here's a challenge: rather than just bump an old thread up to the top, add a .pet of the app that will work in at least one recent version of Puppy. :)

Pelo

quite all pets works in new Puppies !

#8 Post by Pelo »

quite all pets works in new Puppies !
Better than a pet, create an adrv of all applications found in saluki, for X-Slacko (Exemple) and you get a brand new Saluki Trailed by The Slacko 6 kernels.

But i create the topic for people who think that old stuff is bad stuff, as if old songs are Bad songs.
How to use the forum is still valid, Getting the topic discussed is necessary. We shall see if the spirit must be kept or not
About US, I have my opinion, but there is no hate in it, just a different way to do, as described by musher0, and i say that perhaps US method is not the best. To post new topic each time is to get other people searching for you. That is not my method.
Attachments
X-Slaxko4.1.jpg
Old apps with brand new Puppy (kernel 4XX)
(44.54 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 20:30, edited 2 times in total.

musher0

Re: US perhaps are not the best

#9 Post by musher0 »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
Pelo wrote:US perhaps are not the best. The knowledge always starts in the past, to be changed step by step.
Admins like Flash (who are from the US) are the reason why you are allowed to post actually. For this reason I agree, the US is not the best. :lol: But we don't choose where we come from, I believe judging people by where they live falls under discrimination or racism or xenophobia or something... though since musher0 started this nonsense talk we can safely blame him. ;) :D
Hi Sailor.

It's neither discrimination nor racism nor xenophobia. It's actually a science called cultural
anthropology. Cultural anthropology studies the attitudes of different groups, large or small,
towards different things and / or values.

Great authors in the field: Margaret Mead, Edward Sapir, Colin Turnbull.

It's neither good or bad. This knowledge allows you to factor in that a certain culture has
attitude X or Y towards thing or value A or B in your dealings with them.

It forces you to investigate your own originating culture as well, and how your own
personality intersects with it.

If you say all people from culture X are this way or that, that could be racism.

But if you discover after a period of observation that a lot of people from culture X do
things a certain way, which is different from the way things are done in your own
originating culture, and then you take that into account in your dealings with members of
culture X, it's just applied science.

It may even be a form of respect: not to expect members of other cultures to behave
towards certain things and / or values the way you and members of your own culture
behave towards those same things and / or values.

Best regards.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#10 Post by musher0 »

Flash wrote:Pelo, here's a challenge: rather than just bump an old thread up to the top, add a .pet of the app that will work in at least one recent version of Puppy. :)
@Pelo : Voici la traduction en français de la phrase de Flash ci-dessus.
/ ( Transl. : Pelo, here is the French translation of Flash's sentence above.) /

« Pelo, voici un défi : plutôt que de seulement faire remonter un vieux fil au sommet de la
liste, ajoutez une archive *.pet qui fonctionnera dans au moins une version récente de
Puppy. :) »

(Fin de la traduction du message de Flash. / End of translation for Flash's message.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comprends-tu ?
Les gens veulent que tu arrêtes de déterrer des vieux fils en ne disant plus ou moins que
des niaiseries à leur sujet. On souhaite que tu apportes quelque chose de constructif si tu
le fais. (Ce paragraphe est un résumé du message de Robert123 ci-dessus.)

/ Transl.: Do you understand?
People want you to stop unearthing old threads by saying more or less only silly things
about their subject. People would like you to bring something constructive to the
discussion when you do. (This paragraph is a summary of Robert123's message above.) /
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

they ignore what they are made of.

#11 Post by Pelo »

Facile ! easy. They are still included in most Puppies, tahrpup and Slaxen, Slacko 6.10 or newer and will be there for years..
But as Puppy-builders don't use their Puppies, they ignore what they are made of.
Screenshot above our cousin Musher0, but look in Bin, sort by date, and stop looking down at old stuff, your puppy is still built with it :evil:

musher0

Re: they ignore what they are made of.

#12 Post by musher0 »

Pelo wrote:Facile ! easy. They are still included in most Puppies, tahrpup and Slaxen, Slacko 6.10 or newer and will be there for years..
But as Puppy-builders don't use their Puppies, they ignore what they are made of.
Screenshot above our cousin Musher0, but look in Bin, sort by date, and stop looking down at old stuff, your puppy is still built with it :evil:
In French please, so I can understand and then re-translate for our Anglophone collegues!!!
(Flash, where is the "pray to Heaven" icon???) :roll:

For one thing, this sentence of yours :
> "But as Puppy-builders don't use their Puppies, they ignore what they are made of."
is completely illogical. How can a Puppy-builder build a Puppy if (s)he ignores what (s)he
is going to put in the Puppy?!

Now your next line, step-by-step:
"-- but look in Bin,
-- sort by date,
-- and stop"

Ok, I do that. Then you say:
"looking down at old stuff, your puppy is still built with it."

Do you mean that new Puppies are still built with old stuff, judging from the dates of the
executables in /bin?

That is partially true: not all executables used in recent Puppies are recent.

Is that your justification for digging up old threads and adding sometimes silly posts in
them? It's a very weak argument, IMO.

If you like absolutely new stuff, try ArchLinux? That distro is always cutting-edge.

Best regards,

the "cousin".
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

#13 Post by Pelo »

"But as Puppy-builders don't use their Puppies, they ignore what they are made of."
is completely illogical. How can a Puppy-builder build a Puppy if (s)he ignores what (s)he
is going to put in the Puppy?!
Et pourtant ! some applications are never used by people who add them in the menu. They add a box. Big boxes..
Raw pictures are not used by anybody here.. sure they are nice applis ..., if you have raw pictures and the camera for them.
3D stuff is the same. Do you think some of us watch 3D movies with Puppy ?
Ubuntu users even dont use Bino. Bino is the only app able to read 3D

90% of bins are old.. Woof CE dates are those of the build of the puplet. all the same. Take and older Puppy to know the real date of binaries. But that does not hurt me.. Not at all. But if i had something to improve in theses binaries, i will wake up the topic concerning them. That was the case for Drec, by Gposil, stil serviceable, and perhaps better than newer.

Pelo

people to name what old topic i wrongly wake up !

#14 Post by Pelo »

And i would like people to name what old topic i wrongly wake up ! VanPup ? Drec ? pAVrecord .. Which one ? Who is afraid by old topics, that is the question,

musher0

#15 Post by musher0 »

@Pelo

Si t'en as marre des vieilleries dans Puppy, t'as qu'à te trouver des horizons nouveaux!!!

Quoi qu'il en soit, je ne peux plus te défendre avec la position d'attaque et d'orgueil que tu
manifestes maintenant. Quelqu'un le peut-il ?

/ Transl.: If you're fed up with old stuff in Puppy, just find yourself some new horizons!!!

In any case, I cannot defend you anymore with the attitude of attack and self-importance that
you are displaying now. Can anyone? /
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Pelo

I just want to get olds apps updated

#16 Post by Pelo »

c'est tout le contraire. vous avez noyé les applications destinées au public pour concentrer le forum sur de la programmation. Programmer un ordinateur et s'en servir, c'est pas du tout pareil !
For translation please
I just want to get olds apps updated. for people leasure !
These applications are successfull with other Linux and KILLED in this forum becoming only a computing school !
A distro is not to be studied and studied, a distro is to get applications running on a computer to satisfy the owner, who is quite never a programer !
Attachments
X-Slaxko4.1.jpg
Mistfire agree with me
(44.54 KiB) Downloaded 370 times

Robert123

#17 Post by Robert123 »

Then get to work and update them and put out on download site and make them available and not bellyache about it - so start a thread called Pelo and document your adventures in Software and Puppies there. Those that wish to read will without your posts being all over the place - thats order.

Ensuite, se rendre au travail et les mettre à jour et de mettre sur le site de téléchargement et de les rendre disponibles et non bellyache à ce sujet - afin de commencer un fil appelé Pelo et documenter vos aventures dans le logiciel et chiots là. Ceux qui souhaitent lire volonté sans vos messages étant partout - des thats ordre.

Robert123

#18 Post by Robert123 »

As for disgusting attack on Starhawk he explained why it was stopped.

Again do your Artistic spin and stop attacking others with your frankly idiotic dribble. Starhawk damn good bloke and does a lot of good on these forums - show him and others some repect something French people are supposed
prize highly. Basically grow up.

Comme pour l'attaque dégoûtante sur Starhawk il a expliqué pourquoi il a été arrêté.

Encore une fois faire votre rotation artistique et cesser d'attaquer les autres avec votre dribble franchement idiot. Starhawk sacrément bon gars et fait beaucoup de bien sur ces forums - lui et d'autres quelques repect quelque chose de Français sont censés montrer
prix très. pousser au fond vers le haut.

Pelo

strarhawk Puppy for Artists was running, excepted keyboard

#19 Post by Pelo »

see my topic here starhawk puppy. An Artsy Puplet for Artsy People!
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 26 Jul 2016, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.

Robert123

#20 Post by Robert123 »

Not interested I'm boycotting your posts.