Slacko on Distrowatch

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
drongo

Slacko on Distrowatch

#1 Post by drongo »

Release is announced in the latest distributions section of Distrowatch homepage. I don't know why it isn't mentioned in the main section.

More to the point, I have been visiting the Puppy site(s) since about 2004, but I found it on Distrowatch and had to look around for quite a while to find it here on the Puppy site.

I know we have a few sites now, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay abreast of new releases.

edit: rats, this was not supposed to be a new topic!

Sailor Enceladus

Re: Slacko on Distrowatch

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

drongo wrote:I know we have a few sites now, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay abreast of new releases.
I don't understand this. You're saying it's harder to know when new versions are released? I've never found reading the forum (or talking to people in chat) to know the latest advancements difficult to keep track of. though I wouldn't object to anyone taking it a step further and dedicating a site to announce each new version specifically too (ie. Slacko 6.3.2, Xenialpup 7.0.1).

LazY Puppy

#3 Post by LazY Puppy »

RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

drongo

Grouchy old user

#4 Post by drongo »

Ignore me.

Once upon a time I could keep up by reading Barry's original blog.

Then, when people started making derivatives, you could keep up by reading the Murga forum as well.

Now there is a third site to consult.

Nothing wrong with any of that, but this is the first time I have spotted a new official release on Distrowatch first.

Maybe we need a "Puppyanditsderivativeswatch" site? I can't see anyone being mad enough to maintain it, though.

I remember when it was all fields around here.

bigpup

#5 Post by bigpup »

Puppy versions are not official, until they are released as the final version.
They get released, for testing as alpha, beta, release candidate, etc.... before they are final release as a new official version.

Distrowatch is for posting the final release official version.
That version should be working and maybe only having very minor problems, if any.
It is ready for normal use.

The Puppy Projects section of this form is for posting a new Puppy version to test, bug fix, and tweak before it is ready for final release.
Should be understood it will have problems.
The developer, of the Puppy version, decides when they feel it is bug fixed and tweaked, to call it a final release.

Sometimes a version does not make it to final release.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Pelo

Most of laptops have no longer CD DVD players.

#6 Post by Pelo »

"It can even use a multisession formatted CD-RW/DVD-RW to save everything back to the CD/DVD with no hard drive required at all. "
Most of laptops have no longer CD DVD players. Information is true, but not very attractive..