Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 16 Nov 2018, 05:48
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Google Chrome 64-bit PET & SFS packages
Page 17 of 17 [244 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2018, 18:13    Post subject:  

step wrote:
It's a Chromium feature. I run Opera, which is Chromium based, and I can see the search location lines in the scroll bar.

Mm. Well, even Chrome itself is just another Chromium-based browser.....but Big Brother must have suppressed those in the released Chrome code, 'cos there's absolutely no sign of 'em for me.

Mike. Wink

rufwoof

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2018, 19:06    Post subject:  

I wonder if it could be the choice of theme being used. I've Morpheon Dark installed (one of the best dark themes around IMO, handles shading of active/inactive tabs very well).

OT: Wishing you mother well Mike. Mine's a couple of years older and been through similar lately.

Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Mon 22 Oct 2018, 19:51    Post subject:  

Thanks, ruffers. Much appreciated.

As the old saw goes, you only get one Mum.....so it's in our own best interests to look after 'em!

She's not out of the woods yet, though I believe she's over the worst of it. Everything takes longer to clear up, the older you get.....a fact I'm steadily discovering for myself.....!

She's had her own routine for getting over illnesses, etc, for decades; she retreats to her 'nest', keeps herself warm (and well-hydrated).....and usually, Mother Nature takes care of the rest.

I just wish more folks would take that attitude. It's really not very clever, struggling on (especially when you're infectious), and infecting everyone you encounter, left, right & centre. I wish somebody had told the bloody woman who gave it to her at the opticians a fortnight ago; she was hacking, coughing, spluttering, and just literally sneezing all over everybody else in the waiting-room. Not even the decency to cover her mouth with a hanky.....or even her hand!

I'm waiting (with bated breath) to see whether I come down with it myself.....

Mike. Wink

rufwoof

PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct 2018, 14:31    Post subject:  

Mike Walsh wrote:
I just wish more folks would take that attitude. It's really not very clever, struggling on (especially when you're infectious), and infecting everyone you encounter, left, right & centre. I wish somebody had told the bloody woman who gave it to her at the opticians a fortnight ago; she was hacking, coughing, spluttering, and just literally sneezing all over everybody else in the waiting-room. Not even the decency to cover her mouth with a hanky.....or even her hand!

Sounds like you need to be more assertive Mike. But respect that's not in your nature. Personally I'd have had my mum out of there like a shot letting everyone know the reason why in the process. Post mid 80's you do have to fight ever harder as more often otherwise others just wont care. Xmas eve 2 years ago we had to ambulance mum/nan into hospital and a few days later due to antibiotic overload (medics trying to find the right one) she ended up with C-Diff and had to be isolated for around 3 weeks. Pretty much daily battles with staff (in particular consultants) and without those battles she'd have been dead and buried shortly after. As is, despite greater frailty, we still have the blessing of her presence (and continual criticisms Smile primarily directed at her only child/son - just take it on the chin and consider that her frustrations have to be vented somewhere otherwise that in itself can cause medical issues. Fortunately we don't live together, around 200m apart but dine etc. together, and she leads a reasonably independent lifestyle where she feels comfortable and in control - that also helps maintain my own sanity).

Page 17 of 17 [244 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 15, 16, 17
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: