Slacko 6.3.0 Trackpad and thumb mouse not working with Dell

Please post any bugs you have found
bobc

Slacko 6.3.0 Trackpad and thumb mouse not working with Dell

#1 Post by bobc »

I am trying to get 6.3.0 working on my laptops so I can convert from 5.7.0 to 6.3.0. My 5.7.0 is mostly working well, but having a few problems which might be fixed by now, if I was running newer versions of things.

The trackpads work fine on all my laptops in 5.7.0. I'm guessing its xorg related, and I tried to follow the instructions to reconfigure xorg, save and reboot on the Dell Inspiron, but was not able to get it to boot again from the CD,

The first laptop it didn't work on is a Dell Latitude D620 Laptop. It also doesn't work on my Dell Inspiron 8100 Laptop. I haven't installed, just running from the CD to test it out. It works fine on my HP dv-9700 series machines.

I tried posting in the Slacko 6.3.0 bug thread, but maybe that's just for reporting bugs.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether it might work, and how to copy the xorg.conf from the machine when booted with 5.7.0 and use it when booted under 6.3.0? Would it be compatible? And how would I get the system to use it instead, given that I need to boot from CD or USB or 3.5" floppy. If I can get it to work, I can install the 6.3.0, but without the mouse its difficult to do much.

Any suggestions, please?