Yara OSX 3

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
fmiguel

#31 Post by fmiguel »

«Eternity» will have to wait due to some problems in beta testings, but while here we have the 1.0.8 update of «Infinity», with new compositing effects, menu transparencies, active corners and many other features.

fmiguel

#32 Post by fmiguel »

Seamonkey with global menu (see http:yara-osx.weebly.com to obtain plugin) and in screenshot the solution to excesive cpu usage in last upgrade.

fmiguel

#33 Post by fmiguel »

Connected to iPhone photo library with Thunar, and only need to install libimobiledevice -gmtp if you use android device.

Last edited by fmiguel on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

fmiguel

#34 Post by fmiguel »

Update 1.0.8.1 with some minor changes: bugs corrections, icon themes and settings access facilities.
Tahrpup 6.0.2
[url=http://yara-osx.weebly.com]Yara OSX 1.0.8[/url]

fmiguel

#35 Post by fmiguel »

Mate flavor

mister_electronico

Muy buen trabajo.

#36 Post by mister_electronico »

Muy buen trabajo lo voy a probar...

Saludos.

fmiguel

#37 Post by fmiguel »

Muchas gracias, paisano, toda opinión y sugerencia será bienvenida.

rufwoof

#38 Post by rufwoof »

You have some lovely web pages fmiguel. Yara for its size is great ... if you like Unity - personally I'm not so keen on it myself.

Had a quick look and ran well from a frugal installation. I like to have the hot spot for my Debian KDE desktop windows preview in the bottom left rather than top left where the main menu is as that helps reduce unwanted activation.

From the brief look I had I couldn't figure out if you could change the number of desktops?

Well done, a great pup you've provided.

fmiguel

#39 Post by fmiguel »

Thanks for your reply, rufwoof. I take note. To change the number of workspaces, just type «ccsm» -without quotes- in a terminal and you will find the option in General options/Desktop size.

rufwoof

#40 Post by rufwoof »

Thanks fmiguel
Attachments
4x4.jpg
(57.51 KiB) Downloaded 895 times

rufwoof

#41 Post by rufwoof »

Tried the Mint version earlier, only briefly as I'm more preferring the other version.

Frugal installed to HDD and booted using grub4dos with a menu.lst entry of

title Yara
find --set-root /yara/vmlinuz
kernel /yara/vmlinuz pmedia=ataflash pfix=nocopy
initrd /yara/initrd.gz

I've also set pup event manager value to -0 never save, so I can boot, make changes and a reboot doesn't store any of the changes, but if I open a terminal and run save2flash then all changes up to that point are saved.

I reformed the main tahr sfs using no compression as I found that the high level of compression version (as standard) made it sluggish.

I am seeing some reports of the menu/title bar couldn't load ... re-execute or remove type report/dialog. I think that's the population of a windows title bar content into the menu bar. So it looks like there may be a bug there somewhere ... at least under the relatively heavy usage I've tried. If/when I can pin that down more I'll let you know fmiguel.

The configuration/flexibility is extensive and great, I'm mostly unfamiliar with all of the choices so a lot of reading/learning for me personally to understand the full extent of configuration potential.

Playing a youtube and a mp4 and both ran fine, with sound from both heard ok and where the sound settings could be toggled between external speakers and USB headphones.

I've attached some snapshots of my experience with Yara
Attachments
Screenshot(1).jpg
Playing youtube and mp4 at same time and sound from both ok
(33.91 KiB) Downloaded 939 times
Screenshot(2).jpg
Lots of configuration options
(39.45 KiB) Downloaded 873 times
Screenshot(3).jpg
even more configuration options
(32.28 KiB) Downloaded 871 times
Screenshot(6).jpg
Move mouse to top left corner and desktop switcher pops up
(24.93 KiB) Downloaded 869 times
Screenshot.jpg
With 4x4 desktops and desktop switcher
(57.51 KiB) Downloaded 867 times
Screenshot(4).jpg
Multiple windows that overlap and (see next image)
(38.51 KiB) Downloaded 891 times
Screenshot(5).jpg
Mouse into top right corner and window selection fans out
(32.66 KiB) Downloaded 930 times

rufwoof

#42 Post by rufwoof »

Attached is a copy of the error message I periodically see.
Attachments
e.jpg
(24.66 KiB) Downloaded 886 times

fmiguel

#43 Post by fmiguel »

Nice, rufwoof. This message I think it may be caused by the use of an application incompatible with the topmenu. I'm working in it.

mister_electronico

Funciona muy bien.

#44 Post by mister_electronico »

Funciona muy bien, al principio me costo un poco por que lo instale en un pendrive, pero el ordenador que estoy funcionando la bios arranca solo con sistema de archivos ext3, pero funciono perfecto.

Ahora lo arranco por USB y va a buscar la carpeta taharsave al disco duro, pudiendo crear multiples tahrsave.

Lo voy a instalar el un portatil que tengo y voy a probar a ver que tal van corriendo los programas de electronica que tengo.

Me gusta Midori pero todavia no he encontrado la forma de hacerle mas oscuro la ventana de trabajo para que no me queme la vista.

Bueno voy a seguir trabando con esta distro, si necesitas ayuda para hacer correr algun programa o para otra cosa cuenta conmigo.

Un saludo fmiguel.

fmiguel

#45 Post by fmiguel »

Hola, mister. Si buscas en Configuración/Apariencia encontrarás temas más oscuros para conservar mejor tus pestañas. Un saludo, y si encuentras por ahí programas -sobre todo si funcionan bien con el menú global- puedes ponerlos aquí mismo y yo subiré el enlace a la web.

fmiguel

#46 Post by fmiguel »

Ah, rufwoof, I think the error message comes out when the compiz control center -ccsm- is used, at least on my computer. Can you -or anyone- confirm that?

fmiguel

#47 Post by fmiguel »

Yara OSX 1.1 update in http://yara-osx.weebly.com. New icon theme, added more settings options and many important changes.
Last edited by fmiguel on Fri 02 Sep 2016, 23:27, edited 2 times in total.

foxpup

#48 Post by foxpup »

Just have tried Yara on an old computer that runs best on wary.

I can run tahr too, but not palemoon because my cpu is SSE only. Since you have replaced it with midori, I tried your build.
I had it downloaded a few days ago, before today's update.

Frugal install, booted fine, but slower then the regular tahr. Midori stopped and the desktop environment worked slowly, sometimes stopping altogether.

So your distro, although looking very nice, is not good for older PC's.
I definitely will try it again though when I have myself a new machine.

fmiguel

#49 Post by fmiguel »

Hi, foxpup, you can try to disable Compiz effects from the configuration, or even use the xfce default window manager just typing «xfwm4 --replace» in a terminal.Or try with this version https://archive.org/download/yara-linux ... 0-mate.iso. And thanx for testing.
Last edited by fmiguel on Mon 29 Aug 2016, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

foxpup

#50 Post by foxpup »

fmiguel
I'll try the thing with compiz effects

I am not at home in desktops but I presumed mate to be fancier, so heavier, then the default. What is the default?
But I am even more on the wrong foot with "OS X". That is Mac, isn't it?

Anyway, I 'll report succes (or failure) with trying your beautifull distros.