Yara OSX 3

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
fmiguel

#106 Post by fmiguel »

deleted
Last edited by fmiguel on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

fmiguel

#107 Post by fmiguel »

deleted

recobayu

#108 Post by recobayu »

Fmiguel, is Yara use xfce desktop environtment? How to make menu bar on top of xfce panel? Could it implement on jwm? Thank You. I like it because it is like osx or unity

fmiguel

#109 Post by fmiguel »

recobayu wrote:Fmiguel, is Yara use xfce desktop environtment? How to make menu bar on top of xfce panel? Could it implement on jwm? Thank You. I like it because it is like osx or unity
Hi, Recobayu, unfortunately it isn't possible to implement global menu in jwm for moment.

LazY Puppy

#110 Post by LazY Puppy »

Just some mods for the next version:

Files in /usr/share/applications needs to have full icon path to see the icon in slingscold menu (the full screen menu with transparency).

Example for vlc media player (which doesn't have a icon in slingscold menu):
Original entry wrote:Icon=vlc.png
To get the icon visible in slingscold you should modify:
Modified entry should be wrote:Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/vlc.png
Btw.: almost all programs listed in slingscold menu doesn't seem to have its own icon visible.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

LazY Puppy

#111 Post by LazY Puppy »

Here's a specialized adrive for tahr 602 and 605 containing lots of programs. Works also in Yara OSX 1.3 and 1.5.

A.U.D.R.E.Y.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

fmiguel

#112 Post by fmiguel »

Thanks for contributions, LazY. Here another:

Theme Unity for Yara. Package include docbarx with dependencies and emerald theme to transform your Yara OSX desktop into Ubuntu Unity like look and feel.

https://archive.org/download/yara-v1.1/ ... orYara.pet

LazY Puppy

#113 Post by LazY Puppy »

fmiguel wrote:Thanks for contributions, LazY. Here another:

Theme Unity for Yara. Package include docbarx with dependencies and emerald theme to transform your Yara OSX desktop into Ubuntu Unity like look and feel.

https://archive.org/download/yara-v1.1/ ... orYara.pet
Thanks.

Downloaded the .pet package to give it a go.

Since I can't use .pet packages -except I would install at each boot automatically- to have this working permanently, I'd chosen to turn the .pet package into a adrive for Yara OSX.

I just removed the content of its /root/.emerald as I got the theme already in my xfceaddons_yara_1.5.sfs (which is sized at 58 MB) included.

At first boot using the new created adrv_yara_1.5.sfs it broke everything. Windows had now decorations, cairo dock's icons are lost (all are blue circles with centered white question mark), text in GUI's was unreadable (white on white backgrounds everywhere). :shock: :lol:

Though, nothing to worry. I just need to reboot without the adrv_yara_1.5.sfs and everything will return fine as usual.

So, I decided to have a look into the extracted package and found /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu being a directory. I don't know how the package installer script will handle this, though from using as adrive it will overlay the symbolic link /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu placed in such multi-arch based Puppies like tahr (Ubuntu is a multi-arch distro). I think this comes up in Precise first.

However, I edited the adrv_yara_1.5.sfs moved its libs from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu to just /usr/lib, removed the directory /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu and made a symbolic link /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu pointing to its parent directory (./) which is just /usr/lib.

Rebooted again using the adrv_yara_1.5.sfs and everything went fine. Including the new taskbar on the left side of the screen.

I disabled the taskbar function of cairo dock -which makes the dock very wide the more windows are open-, resaved the desktopdock_yara_1.5.sfs and rebooted. Again, everything fine.

Love it ! :lol: :D

Now I just need to include that content from adrv_yara_1.5.sfs into the xfceaddons_yara_1.5.sfs (to have the adrive option free again for different temporarily purposes, like this here testing), write some additional code to my 'rebuild-xfceaddons-module' script to keep changes made for the settings of the new taskbar and it will return -of course- one of the smartest operating systems on the forum and -also of course- one of the nicest looking operating systems on the forum.

There's a need to build 64bit version as there will be user interest created!

Thank you very much. :D
Attachments
Screenshot-2016-10-25-22-59-23.jpg
(137.66 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
RSH

LazY Puppy

#114 Post by LazY Puppy »

I was not able to get the 'dockbarx' panel showing only programs of current active desktop/viewport permanently. It works after setting it up by the preferences gui, though.

Those settings are stored in some %conf.xml files at /root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx and its subdirectories.

I made my settings, stored the files into xfceaddons_yara_1.5.sfs and loaded this to a top layer at next boot - as usual.

But those files are getting overwritten.

So I made a small code to make copies (cp -af) of my stored %conf.xml files from a temp location into those directories at /root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx.

No success.

Those files seems to use a time stamp:

Code: Select all

mtime="1477444078"
This time stamp changes every few seconds, so if changes are made just manually inside of a %conf.xml file and being stored from text editor, this doesn't have any effect on the settings used.

Any ideas?
RSH

fmiguel

#115 Post by fmiguel »

Mmmmm, these settings files are created in dockbarx boot. A script that overwrite it from temp location in session autostart?

Edit: you'll need gsettings commands in script.

I take to leave another theme for Yara: for people that like windows but love linux.

In http://yara-osx.weebly.com download section.

LazY Puppy

#116 Post by LazY Puppy »

Edit: you'll need gsettings commands in script.
Thanks, I will try this.

Code: Select all

root# gsettings --help
Unknown command --help

Usage:
  gsettings --version
  gsettings [--schemadir SCHEMADIR] COMMAND [ARGS...]

Commands:
  help                      Show this information
  list-schemas              List installed schemas
  list-relocatable-schemas  List relocatable schemas
  list-keys                 List keys in a schema
  list-children             List children of a schema
  list-recursively          List keys and values, recursively
  range                     Queries the range of a key
  get                       Get the value of a key
  set                       Set the value of a key
  reset                     Reset the value of a key
  reset-recursively         Reset all values in a given schema
  writable                  Check if a key is writable
  monitor                   Watch for changes

Use 'gsettings help COMMAND' to get detailed help.

root# gsettings --schemadir /root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx list-keys
Could not load schemas from /root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx: Datei »/root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx/gschemas.compiled« konnte nicht geöffnet werden: open() ist gescheitert: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
root#
Where is xxx/gschemas.compiled?

Do you have a example of how to use gsettings to set a value of a key inside of a schema?
RSH

fmiguel

#117 Post by fmiguel »

I'm sorry but is only writable from application. I tried with gconf-editor and gconftool-2 commands to make changes and it not work. Aparently don't have schemas to modify and is read only in gconf-editor. In dconf-editor not even appear.

LazY Puppy

#118 Post by LazY Puppy »

Too bad! :(

If I can't modify it manually or by script, I'll remove it again from the xfceaddons_yara_1.5.sfs. :(

Never mind, don't need it for real.
RSH

LazY Puppy

#119 Post by LazY Puppy »

Hi, fmiguel and Yara OSX users.

I have uploaded a theme and icons archive (.tar.gz) to datafilehost.com. The archive contains themes for emerald plus a few icon themes for xfce and it will stay at least for 30 days after its last download. Emerald and icon themes are collected from the web and I'd tested all of them successfully in my T.O.P.L.E.S.S. LazY Yara Puppy 1.5.

These are the themes included for emerald:

Adonis
Adonis_Mod
amber
Ambiance
Ambiance_Ubuntu
Azure-blue-water-Summer-2010
beryl-clean
BlackLine
Blista-1.0
Blood-Red
Blueray
Blue_Satin
Blue_Submarine
ButtonLess
Canopy
Ceramik-CLEAR
Crystal-ICE
DAoC_Classic_UI_Theme
dark_blue
Dark-Orange
DarkSide-Plus
DarkSide-Plus-B
Dark-Side-X-Vision
dcrAeternumColors
dcrExtrude-0.3
dcrRedSatin
Earth-Magic-Feel-the-power
emerald
Eternal
euor_G
fadeout
Fayal
Fogo
Fogo_Monochrome
frame
ghosts_edge_lime
Grassio-Amplexus
Greenhouse_Effect
Green_Submarine
iridescence
JAGT
kami
komar-blue
Leapord
Leapord-blackblue
Leapord-black-soul
Leapord-white-sould
Liberty
Liberty-B
LimeRefresh
Lotus
Lotus_2_Crystal
Mac4Lin_Emerald_Aqua_v1.0
Mac4Lin_Emerald_Graphite_v1.0
Metrosuave
Midnight-I-Think
Midnite
Minimal
Mirage
Mu
MurrinaGreen
My-1st-emerald-theme-new
nameless-simplicity-MODDED
Neon-Glamour
Noir
Noir-Blue
Noir-Green
Noir-Orange
Noir-Pink
Noir-Purple
Noir-Red
NoirX
NoirZ
Numix_Tangoish
Nurv3
ocean
Onux
Onux-Blue
Onux-Green
Onux-Orange
Onux-Pink
Onux-Purple
Onux-Red
onyx
Orangeglass
Orangeglow
orangelook
orangelook-colonel
ordinance
Overglossed
Panter
Paper
PintBluemix
Pinx
PlatinUm
Prism_Glass
Purple-Haze
Rainbow-0.3
Red-Alice
Rezlooks-Candy
Rezlooks-Candy-1pxb
Rezlooks-Graphite
Rezlooks-Graphite-1pxb
Rezlooks-PastelGreen
Rezlooks-PastelGreen-1pxb
ruby
Shiki-Colors
Skylight-Rev
SlateHorn_Blue
SlateHorn_Green
SlateHorn_Yellow
slowy
Smoke-Black
starwindowtheme
tarob
The_red_robot-0.1.2
TiSkin_Classic
Ubuntu-Fiery
VRunner-Quicksilver
Wombat_Black
Wombat_Glass
Wombat_Gray
Yara-OSX

Some of them have been renamed to get rid of spaces in file names.

These are the icon themes included:

Glass
Numix
Numix-White
Web0

I'm currently using a combination of these themes:

Arc - gtk theme
Ceramik-CLEAR - emerald theme
Glass - icon theme
Golden-XCursors-3D-0.8 - mouse cursor theme
RSH

fmiguel

#120 Post by fmiguel »

LazY Puppy wrote:Too bad! :(

If I can't modify it manually or by script, I'll remove it again from the xfceaddons_yara_1.5.sfs. :(

Never mind, don't need it for real.
Problem solved: the program store her settings in gconf for reinstallation, and only it access at first boot, so your script must copy the /root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx directory from temp location BEFORE that first start. Changes after start are not ready by application.

This is an alternate windows-like desktop I aimed adding a pinstall.sh file at pet package with a cp command and a few dconf and xconf-query instructions. Temp directory placed in /mnt/home/. A puninstall.sh with cp command overwrite the changes in dockbarx directory when pet is uninstalled. Panel, of course, is dockbarx.

LazY Puppy

#121 Post by LazY Puppy »

Problem solved: the program store her settings in gconf for reinstallation, and only it access at first boot, so your script must copy the /root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx directory from temp location BEFORE that first start. Changes after start are not ready by application.
When I had added the files from /root/.config/gconf/apps/dockbarx to my xfceaddons_yara_1.5.sfs those files where already there before anything from xfce, emerald, dockbarx etc. could have been executed. And it was loaded to a top layer. Though it didn't work that way.

However, when I tried to solve this by copying from temp location I had done this from 'autostart', so probably dockbarx has been executed once already.

Will give this another go, trying to include the code of to copy those files into a section that will be executed from /etc/profile.local - so, definitely before dockbarx could have been executed once.

Still got the version of xfceaddons_yara_1.5.sfs that includes dockbarx stuff to check this quickly (tonight).

Thanks.
RSH

fmiguel

#122 Post by fmiguel »

Version 1.6.

Now users can modify the panel and change window manager through new Quickpet (named Petshop in Yara) tool menu options. Added dock support for panel and improved transparency.

And a little gift in this link: lots of plank themes to customize it. Just install, Crlt+Right click in Plank and select the theme you want to decorate.

LazY Puppy

#123 Post by LazY Puppy »

Is the previously mentioned Geany issue (executing a script from within Geany failed) fixed in 1.6?
RSH

fmiguel

#124 Post by fmiguel »

LazY Puppy wrote:Is the previously mentioned Geany issue (executing a script from within Geany failed) fixed in 1.6?
Isn't needed, Geeny has a virtual terminal included that it enable in Edit/Preferences/Terminal/Execute programs in the VTE. But if you prefer xterm only type in terminal

sed -i 's/terminal_cmd=xterm -e/terminal_cmd=/usr/bin/xterm -e bash -c -e/g' /root/.config/geany/geany.conf

LazY Puppy

#125 Post by LazY Puppy »

Yes, know the VTE option.

Though this option is left a geany runscript at all locations after I'm executing a script from that locations within geany. Need to remove these runscripts manually all the time. This is ugly and it is horribly time wasting. Probably the developer of that option had a very bad bad day once.

I think, that's why this isn't enabled by default and xterm command is used to execute scripts from within geany in other Puppies.
RSH