Realtek 8188eu WiFi Driver for Various Puppies

Smithy

#16 Post by Smithy »

Hi Perdido, I've put the Realtek 8188eu pet up at Smokey's.
It's for the Kernel 3.5.2.
If anyone is using wheezy and has these little wireless dongles it would be good to know if it works, and hopefully hasn't blown their system up! Salute.

http://smokey01.com/Smithy/realtek-8188eu-k3.5.2.pet

jd7654

#17 Post by jd7654 »

Pleasantly surprised these worked great on an old non-wifi laptop running Slacko 5.9.3 and Wary 5.5.

This rtl8188eu chipset seems to be problematic in just about all Linux versions, at least the adapters I have. These are the cheap chinese USB adapters you can get on eBay for under $1 .(with shipping!) The more expensive and harder to find 8188/8192cu always works fine though.

Previously was trying with Slacko 6.3.2, but ran into the old low signal power problems that most people seem to see, where is scans but fails to connect or disconnects every few seconds. I was finally able to find a replacement that did stay connected though. But Slacko 6.3.2 has a buggy Suspend on this laptop and hangs.

Decided to try these. Didn't think it would work on a kernel as old as Wary, but the .pet worked just fine.

april

Pod file on your page

#18 Post by april »

Smithy
I followed the link above and noticed a "pod" file came up . Could you tell me what it is and how it is used?

Smithy

#19 Post by Smithy »

April, a .pod file is a file for the multitrack digital audio and midi application Podium. I think I was testing it out and wrote a cover version of Kraftwerk's Model.

You'd be very lucky to pick up a signal with that :)