DEVUAN Jessie Puppy?

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
anikin

#31 Post by anikin »

For those who want to know more about how Debian/Devuan works, go here:

https://files.devuan.org

click on "devuan_jessie" and download "desktop-live."

Jessie is an LTS release and will be supported through June 2020. If you are new to Debian, do not start with Devuan ascii (stretch). In Debian it's very easy to do selective as well as full upgrades to the next release. In case you encounter problems, reach out to the community, there are enough knowledgeable folks here, who'd be happy to offer help.

I hope woofers/debian based puppy builders will be the first to start downloading Devuan. Knowledge of Debian should be their #1 job requirement. If you don't know Debian, you have no business building puppies. It's that simple.

hamoudoudou

alls lanes go to Roma.

#32 Post by hamoudoudou »

Puduan works well, but not based on Jessie. Pupjibaro Jessie is based on Debian.. DebianDog.. for us that makes no difference.. Difference existe when these mixed-grill are buggy, but they are not.. Then you install, start, then what you do ? The same as a standard Puppy..
all lanes go to Roma.. What we would like is to go to Berlin, as an example
What would be a lttle advantage, would to to do better than our Puppy Linux..
all in RAM, no Hardrive.. and Pupsave..
You can drink wine, you can drink Cognac, dev thought i try to mix them.. or drink wine in a Cognac glass, or drink Cognac in a wine Glass..
Our devs :?: are tasting..

anikin

Re: alls lanes go to Roma.

#33 Post by anikin »

hamoudoudou wrote:Puduan works well, but not based on Jessie...

Wrong. Puduan IS based on Jessie. Get your facts straight before posting nonsense.

hamoudoudou

Puduan = devuan + jessie, well you got it !

#34 Post by hamoudoudou »

DEVUAN Jessie Puppy?
Well, Puduan = devuan + jessie, well you got it !
Jessie by Musher
DEVUAN Jessy :
Devuan Jessy
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Sat 23 Jun 2018, 00:58, edited 2 times in total.

anikin

Re: Puduan = devuan + jessie, well you got it !

#35 Post by anikin »

hamoudoudou wrote:DEVUAN Jessie Puppy?
Well, Puduan = devuan + jessie, well you got it !
Jessie by Musher
Debian Jessie = Devuan Jessie. Jessie is Jessie whichever way you slice it. Why are we even discussing this? You are derailing this thread.

hamoudoudou

i thought you were trying to build a puppy, simply.

#36 Post by hamoudoudou »

It's title that is named Puppy, i thought you were trying to build a puppy, simply. So i give you a link to Musher0, who could have helped you to do it.
Title should be 'DEVUAN Jessie' to avoid Puppy users misunderstanding.
Attachments
devuan.jpg
Subject is Puppy !
(17.55 KiB) Downloaded 474 times

hamoudoudou

Re: DEVUAN Jessie Puppy?

#37 Post by hamoudoudou »

edoc wrote:With the long-delayed release of DEVUAN (the Debian alternative) Beta 1.0 named Jessie https://devuan.org/ is there a Puppy in-the-works built upon it?

Thanks ...
is there a Puppy in-the-works built upon it? Puduan is one.
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

musher0

#38 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

If anybody is interested in a continuation of the Puduan series, forum
member "Sailor Enceladus" has produced a Puduan-7.x based on the
more recent Devuan Ascii build. He announed it here

Bye.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

hamoudoudou

easier than Debian cheatcodes ? Pupsave

#39 Post by hamoudoudou »

Dogs try to do as well As our Puppy Devuan.. Devuan Jessie exist, but as abandoned project... Why don't they use Puppy Linux, simply ?... They did first step, they are frightened to go one step forward ? They are searching for easier than Debian cheatcodes.. ask to our devs !
Screenshot Read : JoseJP2424 has Pupjibaro debian Jessie with Synaptic, and Pupjibaro devuan Stretch available for Debian lovers
Attachments
Jessie.jpg
Pupjibaro Jessie is a Puppy Debian based on Stretch
(30.34 KiB) Downloaded 379 times

hamoudoudou

Debian has always been slow..

#40 Post by hamoudoudou »

With the long-delayed release of DEVUAN (the Debian alternative) Beta 1.0 named Jessie https://devuan.org/ is there a Puppy in-the-works built upon it?

Puppy now is able to release its own versions of Debian before final release of Official Debian.. Speed, fast, velocity is the Puppy's Trade Mark.. Debian has always been slow..

s243a

#41 Post by s243a »

musher0 wrote: I may be wrong, but I think there is no such thing as a "Devuan Stretch".

The DPupStetch-7.0 that I have at augras' repo is based on Debian. The
others are easily recognizable: my xenialPup-7.0.6 is of course based on
Ubuntu packages, and the Puduan-6 is, as you already know, based on
Devuan packages. When I say "are based", I mean that I have built them
with the help of the corresponding Woof-CE scripts.

BFN.
There may or may not be such a things as "Devuan Stretch" but if there isn't there might be an easy way to convert "Debian Stretch" into a Devuan like distro. See thread:
Turn Your DebianDog Into Devuan - a simple howto

However, I don't know if it has been tested for compatibility:
"Do all the existing packages in Debian Dog match what is in Devuan? Don't you risk conflicts if just change the repositories on Debian Dog without replacing everything if an existing package in Debian Dog is different than its equivalent in Devuan?"
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 253#920253

Edit: I don't think that it would be hard to write a script to swap the debiandog binaries with the equivalent version from the closest version of DEVUAN. However, then the result would be something closer to a particular version of DEVAUN then a particular version of Debian.

rcrsn51

#42 Post by rcrsn51 »

s243a wrote:There may or may not be such a things as "Devuan Stretch" .
Read here.

s243a

#43 Post by s243a »

rcrsn51 wrote:
s243a wrote:There may or may not be such a things as "Devuan Stretch" .
Read here.
So I see a table which shows an equivalence between devaun and debian. I'm guessing then that there is a high degree of binary compatibility, so therefore anikin's conversion method should work well :)

fredx181

#44 Post by fredx181 »

Build script (and ISO downloads) for to create Devuan "ASCII" minimal live ISO (for testing):
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 908#996908

Fred

hamoudoudou

#45 Post by hamoudoudou »

anikin wrote:For those who want to know more about how Debian/Devuan works, go here:

https://files.devuan.org

i hope woofers/debian based puppy builders will be the first to start downloading Devuan. Knowledge of Debian should be their #1 job requirement. If you don't know Debian, you have no business building puppies. It's that simple.
password
root
toor
Attachments
Tonkinois.jpg
Devuan "ASCII" Fredx181, i suppose..
(42.88 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

hamoudoudou

Wifi with Devuan ascii provied by Dog fredx181

#46 Post by hamoudoudou »

no business buiding puppies, but Puppy Linux was not done for buiding, but to make the family computer be useful.. for accounting how much money available for shopping, for listening to last popular songs, to watch movies..
or to learn computing for 0.01 % of owners..
it will be a long way to retrieve Roma.. everyday you build a new road.
however in spite weak connection, i am using Wifi with Devuan ascii build by fredx181
feed-back to Puppy Linux expert rcrsn51
Attachments
MTpaint.jpg
PeasyWifi as Default Wireless manager
(54.95 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

anikin

#47 Post by anikin »

hamoudoudou,

You are destroying this community by spamming. I'm going to write a PM to Flash asking him to ban you. You have been banned before for the exact same thing and haven't learned a lesson.

darry19662018

#48 Post by darry19662018 »

anikin wrote:hamoudoudou,

You are destroying this community by spamming. I'm going to write a PM to Flash asking him to ban you. You have been banned before for the exact same thing and haven't learned a lesson.
+1 Yes personally don't know what it takes for Flash to do the right thing he has plenty of evidence to go on.:(