OH NO Everybody , I can't get my puppy on the internet..!

Booting, installing, newbie
jason.b.c

#61 Post by jason.b.c »

SnowDog wrote:Hey jason,

re:
*BUMP UP*
I've been messing with puppy for the past day and a half (off and on) and i still can't keep it on the internet...
Does that mean you have had it on, but just can't keep it connected? or... you never got i connected to begin with?

No , I just can't get it on at all now "BUT" it is working with this freespire i have now so go figure. :D That i don't understand , It's not a problem ( now ) with my internet service or Modem so i dunno...

How do i get the error reports for wvdial and the other one...?? I'll post'em here if i can..
Puppy is Awesome..!!!!
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com/][img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img][/url]

SnowDog

#62 Post by SnowDog »

Hey jason.

Once you have booted to a Puppy desktop, just run the modem wizard and select ttyS1, or whatever one says it found a modem before.
Click save, then close the wizard.
Open wvdial and see if any of these things happen.

If it just flashes some stuff by then dissapears, that generally indicates that you have somehow saved a setting in it with an improper detail in it.
You need to edit a wvdial document to change this behaviour.

If it just opens a screen that states something like:
#number to dial
#username
#password
Solve this by removing the hashmarks from the beginning of each line so it looks like this instead:
number to dial your_isp_number_here
username your_username_here
password your_password
Then try to connect.

If it states something about can't find a modem, etc.
Then that means it is not communicating with your modem for some reason. This (might) be fixed, by editing your modems init string, but what to put in there may depend on what modem you have, so there's no point in me telling you anything else about that, without knowing what you have and even then, I'd have to hunt up some info.

Please let us know what you see.
If you find my posts helpful and you want to say thanks, please consider clicking the www button under my posts to visit my website.