Posted: Fri 15 Apr 2016, 18:49 Post subject:
How to Install the mt7601u USB WiFi Driver
There are several versions of this driver:
a. The original vendor code works with old k2.x kernels like Wary.
b. There is an updated version for k3.x, but it only works in a few Puppies like Precise.
c. There is a stable open-source driver, but it needs k4.x. However, it will work with several Puppies after a kernel change. They include Slacko593, Slacko630, Tahrpup602 and Tahrpup605. Here are the instructions:
1. If your Puppy does NOT have the change_kernels tool, install it from the PET below.
2. Download the huge-4.1.11-slacko_PAE.tar.bz2 package from here.
3. Extract the package. It has two files: vmlinuz-4.1.11-slacko_PAE and kernel-modules.sfs-4.1.11-slacko_PAE.
4. Open a terminal and run: change_kernels.
5. Drop the above two files into the two input boxes. Click OK.
7. Install the mt7601u_slacko630-k4.1.11.pet. It works with both Slacko and Tahrpup.
8. Reboot again if your adapter is not initially detected.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum