Slacko and Dpup exprimo have a Baby.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

Slacko and Dpup exprimo have a Baby.

#1 Post by Pelo »

Slacko and Dpup exprimo have a Baby. How to name it ?
Seeing so many Puplets in Puppy derivatives category,i asked Dpup Exprimo and Slacko 5.7 to marry together. But that caused the first dispute in this brand new couple, how to name the pupsaves ? Slackosave or Dpupsave ?
Just rename in distrospecs, yes, i know. It's only human question, as a muslim and anglican union, first name of baby is not easy to find...
It will be simply pelosave, if no agreement between the father and the mother.
It's for joke, but the joke works, better than many mixtures here and there
I am on the same bridge with puppy-builders, but the are going to the source, i am going to the ocean (West indies)
the real Dpup Exprimo opens the Slacko Zdrive to change Distrospecs
Strange : audio works everywhere excepted on radio websites (YouTUBE Ok, audio is available)
Attachments
Dpup 5.7.jpg
(58.36 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 08 Apr 2016, 16:32, edited 7 times in total.

8Geee

#2 Post by 8Geee »

SlaxPrime
Linux user #498913 "Some people need to reimagine their thinking."
"Zuckerberg: a large city inhabited by mentally challenged people."

Fossil

#3 Post by Fossil »

The first one out - ExPelo! :lol:

0xdawg

Re: Slacko and Dpup exprimo have a Baby.

#4 Post by 0xdawg »

Pelo wrote:Slacko and Dpup exprimo
[...]
muslim and anglican union
given the fact you're (certainly) european this thread shows you got a sick sense of humour which IMO is insensitive and rather belongs in off-topic section.

OT answer in an OT thread
Last edited by 0xdawg on Fri 08 Apr 2016, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b][url]https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe[/url][/b][/size]

Ted Dog

#5 Post by Ted Dog »

DESO Supremo

starhawk

#6 Post by starhawk »

@0xdawg -- let the fellow have a sense of humor, would you? It's obviously meant as a joke -- and, yes, it would offend some people, but so do Blonde jokes, fat jokes, Yo Momma jokes, etc.

Sometimes there's simply nothing wrong with a gentle poke in the ribs. Besides, we bug Pelo enough as 'tis.

@Pelo -- Here is a thought. There is a multinational pharmaceutical company, GlaxoSmithKline. I was toying around with "Slax" and "Slacko" and got to "Slaxo" which reminded me of "Glaxo". Continuing to play with that a little, produces -- SlaxoPeloPrime.

Not the most auspicious of origins, perhaps, but a potentially interesting name nonetheless. It's your Pup, though -- what do you think?

bark_bark_bark

#7 Post by bark_bark_bark »

In the spirit of pharmacy, why not do MiraSlax instead of Miralax.

starhawk

#8 Post by starhawk »

Umm... I'm going to vote against that, given what that product actually does. While I don't pretend to know what goes on in Pelo's head -- naming a Pup after a laxative does seem a bit... um... not quite right. At least, it does to me...

You did make me chuckle a little, though ;)

Pelo

Ubuntu and Debian would be incestuous.

#9 Post by Pelo »

Slax in the name is refused because Slax is already used (it was a nice os, in spite of much bigger than Puppies)).
Sure my mixture is a Puppy, Slacko and Dpup are Puppies.
Unfortunately, the bug of Dpup exprimo (resize of pupsave) has not been corrected by the union). The Huge size of applications downloaded for PPM Debian still here, but i think Pemasu and dejan pets should keep my (?) light and fast).
Everybody Knows that Dpup exprimo succeeded to be full featured however the ISO was around 130MB (even better than thin Slacko 533, because print functions are still available)
3D and bluetooth should be possible,But i don't have such equipment at home, Binoculars can be bought at cheap price. but i did'not try my DVD players untill now with 3D movies. Tharpup does it (Bino 3d) but it would be something illegal to make a trio (Ubuntu, Debian, Slacko). Ubuntu and Debian being incestuous.
It's well a Puppy derivative, posted in the right place in the forum. It's not a Debian as DebianDog or a Porteus. In the contrary, the challenge would be to retrieve a real Puppy, as in the past..
What does IMO mean ?
About the philosophy of that. One Linux is possible. The default is that each one wants to make it's Own OS. That could be a Force. But in the long time it's a Weakness.
Like for cars right or left driven, Pounds and euros. Yards and meters, Muslim and Christian. English and French. French can speak english, :!: english won't speak french.
Universal Puppy Linux will not be so bad, that sounds nice...
Attachments
lazy.jpg
All the Puppy pets here
(100.48 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Smokey.jpg
Smokey server will provide recent apps (but older apps do the job)
(66.15 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
capture17039.png
Repository Debian, Ubuntu as choice.
(13.93 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Exprimo%205.X.3.2.7.png
That was a Puppy
(61.64 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

0xdawg

#10 Post by 0xdawg »

starhawk wrote:@0xdawg -- let the fellow have a sense of humor, would you? It's obviously meant as a joke -- and, yes, it would offend some people, but so do Blonde jokes, fat jokes, Yo Momma jokes, etc.
Nope, sir, let's keep this techie environment free from political and religious subjects especially in times where subjects like this are daily grind (Trump, FN, etc). these forums here are frequented from all over the planet.
Sometimes there's simply nothing wrong with a gentle poke in the ribs. Besides, we bug Pelo enough as 'tis.
[size=75][b][url]https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe[/url][/b][/size]

Pelo

only radio websites don't play audio.

#11 Post by Pelo »

oxdawg, as you can see, this forum is in a gentlemen agreement, technicians always are the captains, without the sadness of a technical review. Humanity is in this forum. But sure we shall not debate about political or religious subjects.

Something surprising about audio, only radio websites don't play audio. What could be the reason ? Youtube and my media players play songs as they should.

Sailor Enceladus

#12 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Can this run binaries from both Slackware and Debian repositories? If so, that's pretty neat.
Someone should make a TahrSlacko I think, so that we don't have to decide which one to use or need both. :D

Pelo

Russians has just released an archlinux version

#13 Post by Pelo »

slackware and Debian repositories... now linked to Debian repositories.
Slacko provides firmware and kernel modules, if you need Slackware packages too, Slacko in its original version will do better.. But you can try.
The Puppy is submitted to any mixture nowadays.
Russians has just released an archlinux version, that is to be announced in our forum... if russian developer agrees on it. :!: top secret, on test bench in Hungary.
Of Evidence, My puppy is not a Slacko, it's just a kernel which is used by Slacko.
But the subject is serious. you can switch the kernels between to Puppies Distros. Fast-food is to naming it as the one from where the kernel is picked up (Slacko)
The professional way is to keep the name of the distro really doing the job (Dpup exprimo in my case).
But unfortunately Pemasu is skying, and people don't help you if you are users of an old puppy (Even LTS) excepted Lucid 528 ( And Dejan Dpup)

For people not linuxians, but aeronatical it's like changing an old american JT9 engine on a boeing B747 by a brand new european CF6 one, consuming less gazoline... You keep your american passengers the confort of a Boeing Jumbo, and you save Dollars (or euros) :)
Attachments
puppy.jpg
Dpup is full featured, that is why i change the kernel by a Slacko one.
(95.95 KiB) Downloaded 265 times