Wifi-Connect 2017B beta (Deprecated)

stemsee

#136 Post by stemsee »

dhcpcd takes a configuration file full of requests it makes to the server. I am trying this out.

stemsee

#137 Post by stemsee »

I have got a 2nd usb wifi card. It is high powered and does indeed pickup signals from far away networks. This also means that wifi-connect scripts would normally need additional code to accommodate wlan2 along side wlan0 and wlan1. So I have implemented a simple and fundamental change which is already in place for wifi-profiles. A simple wifi adapter selector before scan and connection. This effectively does away with the need for wifi-connect-2 script.

in addition scanner has now been updated to connect to both ssid and bssid (mac address) specific AP networks.

HotSpot is now the frontend for 'create_ap' cli network sharing program.
This will be included in next update. Create_ap will compile and install on first use if devx is loaded.

Will post soon.

stemsee

#138 Post by stemsee »

update to the scripts that make Wifi-Connection-Suite-2017
Attachments
xscreenshot-20170604T164612.png
(37.38 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
wificonect2017.png
(99.34 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#139 Post by stemsee »

Wifi-Connect-2017B.sfs

Significant improvements. including rescan, interface reselect. dhcpcd has priority over udhcpc.
Attachments
xscreenshot-20170628T125046.png
(45.92 KiB) Downloaded 524 times

stemsee

#140 Post by stemsee »

I have been working on this slowly. I have not used any other connection manager daily for a coupe of years now. It is really stable and quick and intuitive to use. I will probably add wep and wps and options for encryption (eventually). i have also modified conky_ip show to accomodate the variety of multiple interfaces the Wifi-Connection suite handles.

udhcpc is now default with the /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script now supporting yad notifications boxes as well as terminal ones.

Wifi-HotSpot is reliable with create_ap backend. I made some adjustments to info display to view connected clients.

Wifi-Scanner-2 replaces Wifi-Scanner, and now has autoconnect feature on X startup by creating a script in /etc/xdg/Startup/'autocon'. This script will eventually be the only script replacing all the others after incorporating their features. Handling profiles is basically provided. Pop up box for driver options, and modes is provided in one gui with password and user id (greyed out if not needed). I will add random mac tick box and mac editor to this popup as well, maybe in a tab to keep size down! The autoconnect/stop-auto has been added to tray menu. Menu opens after interface selection is complete. PSK is correctly supported now. Profiles are stored with ssid and mac address. Still hardcoded for scaling to 8 interfaces, but will be completely and freely scaleable shortly.

Eduroam, is no longer needed. But is useful nonetheless.

Wifi-Connect remains for one interface connection, with a different interface style ... useful as a backup.

Wifi-Profiles stays for now, but is nearly entirely incorporated into Wifi-Scanner-2 (soon to be Wifi-Scanner).
Attachments
xscreenshot-20171114T193453.png
(26.08 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
menu.png
(25.24 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
xscreenshot-20171114T193733.png
(24.85 KiB) Downloaded 360 times

stemsee

#141 Post by stemsee »

Here is a slightly more polished update!

There are a LOT of improvements and fixes.

HotSpot works consistently due to interface prep being carried out.

Scanner-2 provides in menu autoconnect and wpa_cli allowing wps_pin/wps_pbs connections, and also minimal profile management. Pop up gui for driver options and interface modes, random mac gen. and editor.

udhcpc and dhcpcd scripts/hooks included, but not binaries.
Attachments
xscreenshot-20171116T152503.png
(30.25 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
menu.png
(27.33 KiB) Downloaded 322 times

stemsee

#142 Post by stemsee »

Added savedprofile preview in yad box for Wifi-Scanner-2.
Attachments
xscreenshot-20171116T231317.png
(55.09 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Last edited by stemsee on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#143 Post by stemsee »

Updating Wifi-HotSpot to expose more options available with 'create_ap' to the user.
Attachments
xscreenshot-20171120T225120.png
(80.96 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

hamoudoudou

Feed-bac soon, no time to test 'ahora' Ethernet used

#144 Post by hamoudoudou »

Pupjibaro Jessie synaptic as Wifi-connect as 'redes'.
Feed-back soon, no time to test 'ahora' Ethernet used
Attachments
sns.jpg
redes available
(47.42 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

Re: Feed-bac soon, no time to test 'ahora' Ethernet used

#145 Post by stemsee »

hamoudoudou wrote:Pupjibaro Jessie synaptic as Wifi-connect as 'redes'.
Feed-back soon, no time to test 'ahora' Ethernet used
Wifi-Connect has been superceded by Wifi-TrayNet and Wifi-Scanner (2) ere
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 0&start=60