OpenShot Video Editor 2.0.7 beta 4

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
labbe5

OpenShot Video Editor 2.0.7 beta 4

#1 Post by labbe5 »

http://www.openshot.org/download/

OpenShot 2.0.7 beta 4 is available for download, for Ubuntu derivatives (MintPup, Puppy) and DebianDog. The downloaded AppImage must be executable to work.

mikeslr

post subject

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Thanks labbe5 for the heads-up.

Don't dump your 1.4.3 Openshot yet.

First take note that labbe5 specified it's for Ubuntu based Puppies and DebianDogs. Wish I had read that carefully before trying it in Slacko64. :oops: As far as I can tell, it's also only for 64-Bit OSes. Did not respond when executive was clicked in Tahrpup. Did function in Tahrpup64 and DebianDog64.

However, as labbe5 mentioned, its a beta release. The vids I opened stuttered. Maybe it's my system or the vids I used to test. But check the website labbe5 pointed to for other areas "not yet ready for prime time."

For anyone who doesn't know how to accomplish "must be executable to work", just right-click the executable, select permissions, and check the box(es).

Publishing as an appimage is a great idea: avoiding the problem of figuring out dependencies, especially pythons, and --like SFSes-- enabling many Puppies which are compatible --i.e., based on Ubuntu/debian-- to use the same application, placed anywhere.

I look forward to the "final" version.

mikesLr

Pelo

the version can be used and really edit movies

#3 Post by Pelo »

The problem with openshot and Puppy Linux is not so much How to install than if the version can be used and really edit movies
Slacko 533thin is the Puppy for Openshot (compiled for Slacko, of course)
So burn a CD or a pendrive with the 100MB of Slacko, even if this CD would be used only for editing your videos.
For Ubuntu Puppies, same process, when somebody would have found a version which really does the job.
Labbe5, what do you think of 2.0.7 version, did you succeed with it ?
Until yesterday evening i am trying to run Open Movie Editor in my ViVid Pup. Not yet success.

It's some linux brainstorming. When i need to merge and decorate personal video, i use my pendrive Slacko. I am making a Puppy Artist Workshop ISO for the hungarian Puppy team, based on the YAT Slacko 533.

Essential is the function, not the puppy used for it. I have never publishedd yet a video done with Openshot. Untill now i use WindowsMedia for my friends and my soccer supporters (published Daily Motion). For my personal How-to tutorials (Puppy lessons) i only use Avidemux (Published You Tube)
Attachments
OpenShotUsers_Logo.png
Openshot forum has a topic about how to use Openshot with a Puppy Lucid.
(28.84 KiB) Downloaded 347 times