Forum Editor

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
april

Forum Editor

#1 Post by april »

I have trouble because I want to take a sentence and make it say sized , red, bold and underlined .
I have to reselect the text to add each attribute.

Four separate selections of the sentence in the above

Can it be made to allow three or four attributes to be attached at one time?
Last edited by april on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

What I do is, select the text I want to bold, for instance, then select B, then I select the same text again (inside the ][ marks) and select, for instance, i for italic. The order of nesting seems to matter, at least in some cases.

april

#3 Post by april »

Yep thats exactly what I mean and if I have the cursor at the start of the sentence and press "b" it will place the darn thing at the end of the post

Smithy

#4 Post by Smithy »

Just a Test

I see what you mean, a bit of messing around....BUT This is the fastest forum in the world, (Well, one that has some useful words within it) and if "things" are put in to make underlining, bold, etc easier, my bet is that there be cookies, scripts, excessive adverts, bots, that the designer would be tempted to put in and it would not be the zippy forum that Murga is.. a perfect compliment to the zippy distro itself.

There again, it could be just a tweak or something. :wink:

Semme

#5 Post by Semme »

Test the UCP here and you'll see just how dysfunctional this boards JS controls really are.

You'll quickly notice after highlighting your given text it stays highlighted throughout the edit duration.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Smithy

#6 Post by Smithy »

Nothing happened Semme when I clicked on test, so I clicked on Scam Warning and had a quick read. It's a forum on making forums. Groovy.

Getting back to dysfunctional Puppy forum, only problem is the highlighting underlining and other such shouty and attention grabbing text styles.
Presumably, Flash is the entity in charge of the forum?

So if you are good in the JS department Semme is it an easy fix with a quick admin permissions session or is phbb buggered generally, and the wisdom is that wordpress stuff or suchlike. (Got a mate who's currently having to work on that stuff, because it's all singing dancing golf holiday graphics across the screen etc).
He knows it's crap. I know it's crap..but the client etc..).mmmayornotmaybemaybe be better.

Puppy forum Positives are: It's quick, it works, and there are brilliant minds on here. Oh well, makes a change from how do I get retrovol to stop disappearing.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

It's John Murga's forum. I just try to keep it clean and neat. :)

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

As this no longer appears to be an issue of concern, I'll save my breath.
Last edited by Semme on Sun 20 Mar 2016, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

april

#9 Post by april »

Flash wrote:It's John Murga's forum. I just try to keep it clean and neat. :)
And good stuff too !
No like button either but I agree on the speed .