Studio 13.37 2.4 is out!

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
l0wt3ch

#16 Post by l0wt3ch »

Well, it did turn out that it was only the password to this forum. And then, only in the beta. So it turned out to be ok. :D

Thanks for the feedback, Puppyluvr!

And thanks for the other comments.

Have you guys seen the "Studio 13.37 - Proud to be Linux" video?

Ted Dog

#17 Post by Ted Dog »

Not that my digital hand didn't get a slap back on one of those events, there is hardware that can not be use to pass traffic thro a major telco. The block is below IP level, and had a level of permanent I haven't seen used before or since.
I was directed to communicate with parent company of that telco and had a bear of a time being tripped up by the device traffic being blocked. Ending up having to visit parent co HQ in person, ( also why I got my last speeding ticket ) The parent co famously imploded ( nothing I did, massive fraud and dot.com burst ) but the ban survived

Ted Dog

#18 Post by Ted Dog »

Just like Guccers hacking of future 'President' Clinton email server, I was laying the groundwork on Iraqi Governments webserver, really Microsoft!!! This is going to be a short war.... idiots! I was busy changing permissions and other methods that would be over looked by someone that used the example password for the secondary administration account left over from a fresh install. While I was busy watching for evidence other where attempting access I noticed the traffic path I was taking was changing first in France then Italy, then eastern Europe, disappeared then Turkey. Then finally pops up someone telling me to stop, answered back No sadam! Not Sadam Stop! Etc. We went back and fourth long enough to adding more now made to be noticed hacks, we where using more and more skills to block each others activities, then It dawn on me it really wasn't a Sadam IT guy I was doing a game of one upmanship with a friendly. But then He noticed I was tracking his traffic back to source, so he becomes untraceable, but he would not just stop messaging me, but last time directly to my machine at home like the game before I expected he would so even with unreturnable message and a empty IP I captured the correct packet to ID his hardware, then returned a message using that, not sure if that was the correct ID since its raw midstream data. But I told him the weather outside since that area has no windows and wished him the best and I was going to bed.

Ted Dog

#19 Post by Ted Dog »

But did he stop ... No he calls me back ( dialup ) somehow got my computer to reconnect and messages me good night, I see you are shutting down, then my machine shutsdown. OH CRAP! I DIDN'T KNOW you could get a hardware killing code on a modem. Quickly rebooted and all good tel my auto connect modem calls out. Line was still live and breathing ( I could hear my breathing amplified via modem speaker ) Pulled modem cable ran outside and removed my line from outside world.

ciento

#20 Post by ciento »

slavvo67 wrote:don't you think $75 is a bit steep? Mind you, I don't do audio editing and I probably would have thrown out up to about $25 just to see how it handled the different boot options..
Hi, pricing is always an interesting question.

Market forces vary with supply and demand. In this case,
there is constant demand for trouble free studio experiences,
but a very small supply of studio quality recording 'gear' that can
record high quality audio, with the computer fan as the only moving part,
(by using a pair or combo of ssd/usbsticks), and even that fan can be eliminated.

A plus for reliability, a small electricity savings, substantial uptime
if desired, with great system speed, while recording
audio without sundry forms of interference. Studio 1337
is in a nice niche, at both price, and capability.

While not 'impulse priced' for a hobbyist, pro quality
audio production is an endeavor not conducive
to impulsive people surviving. Lots to learn, and the more you learn,
the more you want to learn. The sky, and a decent work ethic,
are the limits. Creative freedom can thrive.
There are times when we know or decide that 'time is money',
and save for an important purchase. There are many skills
and man-hours needed to create a working system beyond
a typical apt-get shovelware studio.

When you look at what you can get for the same money,
don't blink, or hold your breath. Look at Apple, they flood their captive expensive
hardware market with low priced software, like Logic,
Mainstage, and iOS things.

Microsoft is flogging anything they can glue a hologram on,
with customers trading or losing their privacy for access
to cheap commodity hardware

Commercial daw makers often have multi-tiered pricing/licensing,
hardware bundles, upgrade paths, rental programs, dongles,
and then hair-raising registration schemes, all trying to
survive piracy and competition. A sizeable learning curve to climb,
before you even slap the plastic, or play a note.

(yeah, I'm pedantic and long winded, but priced accordingly!)

Cheers

l0wt3ch

#21 Post by l0wt3ch »

I moved my website to a new host, and a new domain name - Studio1337.pro!

I also gave the whole website a makeover.

Only thing is, I don't have access to my emails on the old server. So if you tried to write me, I didn't get it. The new "Contact" link on the website is the new email.

ciento

#22 Post by ciento »

Might be good to have a list of known compatible intel Macs growing
on the new site. Morphos OS did that as they were adding support for various G4/G5 macs, and it helps people shop accordingly. Any schools or architects nearby? They likley use various vintage macs, could be a way to test a few models, without chewing up hours or miles etc.
Cheers

l0wt3ch

#23 Post by l0wt3ch »

Maybe!

Ted Dog

#24 Post by Ted Dog »

speedup FireFox trick I wrote to you about.

http://barryk.org/blog2/?viewDetailed=00291 also never got the updated download link for newer version..

l0wt3ch

#25 Post by l0wt3ch »

Thanks TedDog, check your PMs!
[url=http://Studio1337.pro]Studio1337.pro[/url]

ahoppin

#26 Post by ahoppin »

Hello l0wt3ch,

Several Linux distros already provide pretty sophisticated multimedia production. Most of these, anyone can download and try for free. Their creators don't charge anything for them. They'll gladly accept donations of course!

Some examples are Ubuntu Studio, Avlinux, , Apodio, KX Studio, and Musix. There are also some officially inactive but still recently updated projects such as Artistx and Dream Studio, and older ones such as Dynebolic.

I've tried some of these distros, though I haven't yet used any of them enough to decide on one.

Now comes your production distro, Studio 13.37, but when I view your website, I see only a link to pay $50 to download it.

Charging whatever you want is your right under the terms of the LGPL which covers Puppy and Linux. (It's also the right of people who buy it to share it, if they wish to. :))

However, I saw in the forum where you said "Studio 13.37 was free, is free, and will be free again." That's good news!

Where can I download Studio 13.37 for free, so I can try it before I consider buying it?

Thank you!

cthisbear

#27 Post by cthisbear »

" Where can I download Studio 13.37 for free, so I can try it before I consider buying it? "

Google logo Drive
32...64..and lite

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

May be nice to send him something.

Chris.

ahoppin

#28 Post by ahoppin »

Thanks, Chris! I'll give it a try. If I decide this is the right one for me, I'm fine with paying him the $50. That's the shareware model, and I support that too.

Hmm, 827mb. That's one well-fed puppy! But it's about one-third the size of most multimedia distros. They're typically around 2.3gb, though I have KX Studio 12.04 from 2013 and it's 1.6gb.

puppyluvr

#29 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
It is exceptional...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

greengeek

#30 Post by greengeek »

Oooh, glad I stumbled across this thread. Great wallpaper lowtech. Stunning!