CamPhoneTab - USB interface for cameras/phones/tablets

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
rcrsn51

#46 Post by rcrsn51 »

You need the main CamPhoneTab PET. The hotplug PET is optional. The order you install them shouldn't matter.

tenochslb

iOS 9 + iPad 3

#47 Post by tenochslb »

I installed version 1.5 and my iPad 3 is recognized. I was able to transfer files.

The hotplug pet did not make any difference, I still had to go to menu>filesystem to connect.

https://postimg.org/image/9wgpn41zb/

rcrsn51

#48 Post by rcrsn51 »

Excellent. Thank you for reporting.

Please try this hotplug instead. Unplug/replug your ipad after installing it.

[Edit] Or maybe reboot your computer.

[Edit] The updated hotplug PET is now on page 1.

--------------------------
Last edited by rcrsn51 on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.

tenochslb

#49 Post by tenochslb »

rcrsn51 wrote: [Edit] Or maybe reboot your computer.
The new hotplug pet worked. I did reboot using the previous hotplug pet.

rcrsn51

#50 Post by rcrsn51 »

That's great news.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you set the Connection Mode to Camera. Can you access the DCIM folder?

tenochslb

#51 Post by tenochslb »

rcrsn51 wrote:That's great news.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you set the Connection Mode to Camera. Can you access the DCIM folder?
Look at the image however the folder is empty.
Attachments
image.png
(100.48 KiB) Downloaded 483 times

rcrsn51

#52 Post by rcrsn51 »

Thanks. Rockedge reports that he can go into the iTunes_Control folder and play the music files, although the filenames are scrambled. Can you do the same?

We spent a great deal of time trying to access the iTunes database through gtkpod using the work of tempestuous here. But it was ultimately unsuccessful with the next-gen models that we are trying to support here.

gcmartin

#53 Post by gcmartin »

Question
  • Is the 64bit version still being withheld or is v1.5 a version which works on all x86 technologies?
Thanks in advance for your reply to this post.

tenochslb

#54 Post by tenochslb »

rcrsn51 wrote:Thanks. Rockedge reports that he can go into the iTunes_Control folder and play the music files, although the filenames are scrambled. Can you do the same?
I did not find any music to play in the folder.
I am unfamiliar with database files, so may be there is a way to play them.
Take a look at the structure:
http://postimg.org/gallery/3ameiaf14/

rcrsn51

#55 Post by rcrsn51 »

I'm guessing that with each new generation, Apple has made it more difficult to access your music except through the iTunes interface.

As much as people seem to dislike Android, I can upload music onto an Android device via MTP pretty well any way I want and get it to play.

gcmartin

#56 Post by gcmartin »

You avoid my question??? Yes/No???

Of course, no answer is perfectly OK if you feel it appropriate to the package.

rcrsn51

#57 Post by rcrsn51 »

The answer to your question is clearly stated at the top of the main page.

gcmartin

#58 Post by gcmartin »

Thanks. 64bit remains a PM only option.

boof

#59 Post by boof »

As you say, hardware dependent. No good to me sorry, Toshiba Equinox and Chinese Android 4.4.2 custom. never gets phone to offer data connection.

april

#60 Post by april »

boof wrote:As you say, hardware dependent. No good to me sorry, Toshiba Equinox and Chinese Android 4.4.2 custom. never gets phone to offer data connection.
Yeh didn't give me anything either on ZTE Blade A110 Android 5.1 Kernel 3.10.65+---Not even a window

@boof try gtkam if its in your menu . I was able to get pictures and videos to load up to my PC but it crashes after

Now also I obtained gMTP program and installed it and looky see what I got connected as MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).
All open and available for download.
Attachments
GmtpScreen.png
(63.11 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

april

#61 Post by april »

gcmartin wrote:Thanks. 64bit remains a PM only option.
I've got to wonder about the logic behind doing that.What is being hidden or achived by that . If its out there then put it out . Why hold it out as availabe only to selectively distribute it ?

I'm starting to look at "rcrsn51" as somewhat incapable or at least devious as none of what I have downloaded from him in threads has worked straight off and this is the second example of the PM me approach that I have seen. He compiled a wifi driver and mentioned the fact in a thread of mine but had to be pestered to get it.That at least worked and still does in Precise 5.7.1 but I hav'nt seen any other working software yet.

The one in this thread gave me "ZILTCH" folks , not even a menu entry or a command line command so I dunno?

silverblade02

download link

#62 Post by silverblade02 »

It seems that the mediafire download link is broken. Is there any updated link where I can download the file? Thank you.

watchdog

#63 Post by watchdog »

april

#64 Post by april »

Thanks I'll have a look .
Its what else he is attaching to it that interests me . That devious approach indicates something is not right.

Go into the directory you keep this file in , open a terminal there and type and run "pet2tgz CamPhoneTab-1.5.pet" and you will get a tar.gz file (save a copy of the original in some other directory as it will be changed and the md5 file lost) . Click on that and it will show you whats in it. below is a partial screenshot .

So you trust no-one . There can be spyware easily run on your machine in there!
Attachments
Inside a pet file.png
(212.34 KiB) Downloaded 370 times

watchdog

#65 Post by watchdog »

CamPhoneTab pets can be retrieved also from:

https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linux_Forum_Pets