Luakit

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
oui

Luakit

#1 Post by oui »

After I did install vimprobable in DebianDog64, it was very easy to continue with luakit:
Attachments
luakit.jpg
(47.5 KiB) Downloaded 426 times

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hello oui.

Does it work? As a browser, I mean? (Never heard of it before.)

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

oui

#3 Post by oui »

Hi Christian

I regret to have to concede that my following of my own messages is really poor.
I discover your question about 1 year later... Excuse me please!

Yes, luakit is really a GREAT browser and works very well. The only one important figure I miss with it is common with the most other webkit browsers: no spell checking writting new messages like in forums etc.

In 64 bit, it works best with flash.

It is fast.

the perhaps best introduction to the bright possibilities it offers is probably http://shariebeth.com/computers/luakitcheatsheet.txt (or the information in the arch wiki!).

But as Debian try actually to eliminate a lot of important software branches, webkit 1 and webkit 2 are both concerned like xul in the recent past, it will probably not continue to be accessible in the future excepted if an enthousiast adapt it to webkit3 or QTwebengine (Qupzilla is allready adapted but not available for Debian or Ubuntu derivates)! Sorry as, I copy the declaration from Qupzilla:
SpellCheck
Spell checking in web inputs is now supported again. It needs QtWebEngine 5.8 and custom dictionary format. There is a tool, distributed alongside QtWebEngine, to convert Hunspell dictionaries. More information can be found here.