Precise 5.7.1 Retro "Megalomaniac" Rev.6 Eng/Hun 2017 July

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

Megalomaniac is a big one

#16 Post by Pelo »

Colonel Panic, you ? install Puppy Iso without burning a CD is so easy to do, easier than burning the CD. We shall see later together, si usted lo quiere.

Megalomaniac is a big one, i fully enjoy the sister Pr571Lite-hu.iso: 338 M
I run a video dowloaded from Daily Motion with the download helper included in this hungarian Puppy.Gnome-mplayer does its job but SMplayer has no sound.
Any idea about that ?

Resolu : default Pulse to change to OSS

Colonel Panic

Re: Megalomaniac is a big one

#17 Post by Colonel Panic »

Pelo wrote:Colonel Panic, you ? install Puppy Iso without burning a CD is so easy to do, easier than burning the CD. We shall see later together, si usted lo quiere.

Megalomaniac is a big one, i fully enjoy the sister Pr571Lite-hu.iso: 338 M
I run a video dowloaded from Daily Motion with the download helper included in this hungarian Puppy.Gnome-mplayer does its job but SMplayer has no sound.
Any idea about that ?

Resolu : default Pulse to change to OSS
Hi again Pelo,

Thanks for the advice concerning running Megalomaniac without burning it to a CD. I've deleted it now though (needed the space on an oldish computer).

No sound? Switch to alsamixer and increase the bars for "Master" and "PCM". F2 will also tell you what cards have been detected, if any, at /proc/asound/cards. Doesn't always work but worth a try.

Best,

CP .
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

Pelo

Gracias, mon Colonel

#18 Post by Pelo »

Gracias, mon Colonel
Resolu : default Pulse to change to OSS in SMplayer
The lite version of hungarian Puppy 5.7.1 took pace in my USB beside our french ToOpy Dos.
Megalomanic is too big for a Puppy. Puppy users are generally speedey people. No patience.
European sharing their Puppies and testing each other is really a nice way. Idiomas are different, that would be a difficulty, but exchange cannot be stopped by it.
:idea: We are used to translate our ideas, and to tranmit them.
Hasta luego, senor panic.
Post Scriptum : Speaking Hungarian is not easy, madre !
Attachments
camphone.jpg
Campone for transfer of pictures from your smartphone to your laptop, or PC
(31.53 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

change pulse by Alsa

#19 Post by Pelo »

Where is mine ? Precise 5.7.1 kernel 3.9.11 is not on the Puppy Forum.. Strange.
So i Post here to inform tat SM player will have sound if you change pulse by Alsa (i loose some time for that :? )
People who don't burn CDs can take advantage of the new 571 issued few days ago (based on Japenese Version, a famous one) :
Precise 5.7.1 Retro "CsipeszPup" Rev.16 Eng/Hun 2017, May
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

csipesz

#20 Post by csipesz »

:) Ohhoho, no, no, dear Pelo: Csipeszpup, is a totally own build!
This my little pride - one of best puppy-stuffs, IF you need a linux for playing with (not too new)Windows games. Of course, only with a good video card.

Pelo

Csipeszpup ? !!!!

#21 Post by Pelo »

Csipeszpup, how do you pronounce it ?

csipesz

#22 Post by csipesz »

Possibly so: 'chipespup' :D
For example: we, Hungarians, we write the Madam Butterfly's name so:
Cso-cso-szán.

csipesz

#23 Post by csipesz »

Hi everyone - approximately 2 years after - my megalomaniac DVD stuff was refreshed slightly.
precise-5.7.1RetroMegalomaniacRev6EnglishHungarian2017July.iso - 4445 Mb, the system sfs 3760 Mb.
All of the previous links not anymore good - only these:
Downloadable from here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
or from here:
https://mega.nz/#F!BYF1WYLA!4rxQDyUEozR5fD3uEwMhNA
Attachments
FirstStartLook.jpg
(81.79 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
APossibleCustomizedLook.jpg
(181.14 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

Pelo

Life will be easy if you choose your Puppy in Hungary,

#24 Post by Pelo »

Life will be easy if you choose your Puppy in Hungary, standard size or Big DVDs, devs take care of people needs, and change what has to be changed to fit the needs. Congratulations to this team..
Sure Retro "Megalomaniac" Rev.6 Eng/Hun 2017 Jule is not for me, but will make happy DVD burners. All is included.
Think about wifi, when temp is 32° celsius outside, a kernel, a dongle on your laptop and a short car drive to seat near by a river...
Attachments
Ecole.jpg
32°, outdoor, Schedule your next holidays on the beach, keeping an eye on the baby. That is healthy, isn't it ?
(109.14 KiB) Downloaded 304 times