How to add puppy PC to Teamviewer? (Frugal installation)

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
puppyfan76

How to add puppy PC to Teamviewer? (Frugal installation)

#1 Post by puppyfan76 »

Hello,
I installed Teamviewer on my Tahrpup PC (Frugal installation).
It works fine, but only with ID and password. When I try to add the PC to my computer list on Teamviewer it says that it's impossible because Teamviewer is not "permanently" installed on my PC.
How can I solve this problem?
In alternative, can you suggest me some other good remote desktop softwares to control my Puppy PC from other locations (other linux PCs, windows machines, android devices, ecc.)?
Thank you :)

don570

#2 Post by don570 »

Did you read this puppy forum site.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 8&start=30
In case anyone would prefer to run as a user instead of root, you can download and install the .deb file as it is in Puppy 431 and higher, directly from http://www.teamviewer.com/download/

Before installing the .deb file do the following:

Just paste this code in a newly created file named "teamviewer.desktop" and place it in "/usr/share/applications"
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Teamviewer
Icon=/opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/6/desktop/teamviewer.png
Comment=Remote Desktop Application
Exec=su -c /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/6/bin/teamviewer spot
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=X-Internet
GenericName= teamviewer

You'll now launch Teamviewer as user "spot"

puppyfan76

Not working...

#3 Post by puppyfan76 »

The deb file downloaded from Teamviewer site failed to install...

cimarron

#4 Post by cimarron »

From where do you want to access your Puppy? If it's just from within your LAN, it is possible to set up without adding the Puppy computer to your TV account, using a static IP instead. You would need to leave TV running on the Puppy computer.

puppyfan76

From everywhere

#5 Post by puppyfan76 »

I need to access the Puppy PC from everywhere.
I used to have windows xp installed on it and everything works well with teamviewer.
But xp is slow and I love the speed that Puppy gives to this old Nettop.
Anyway, Puppy is useless if I can't control it from the internet.
I can use some VNC software, but I would like something that is easy to use as teamviewer.
Any suggestion?
I'm running Tahrpup 6.0.2

gcmartin

#6 Post by gcmartin »

@GoingNUTs provided this to the community awhile ago. Merely add this small utility to your any PUP you want to connect to!

Then, on your LAN, without installing ANY software, use Windows/MACs/Linux PC RDP client to connect to your PUP.

Once it is tested, you can use open port 3389 on your router for WAN access. You can use Windows/MACs/Linux PC RDP client to connect to your PUP over the WAN as long as you know your router's Public IP location (URL/IP address).

His approach intends to allow PUP access from other LAN clients which merely use their built-in RDP client software. Thus, nothing is needed on those client machines to be installed.
Hope this helps

vektor_alian

#7 Post by vektor_alian »

Vic here ...

Whenever I want to add a new teamviewer computer I add it from another computer. Click on add another computer in the side pane.

After that it is just like installing it.

Vic