Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Mar 2017, 20:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
Compiling Lazarus on Puppy Linux
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
LucaH97

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2015, 14:17    Post subject:  Compiling Lazarus on Puppy Linux
Subject description: I can not figure out what is wrong. Why am I getting errors?

Hello, everyone, Very Happy
I want to use Lazarus on puppy linux. Obviously the .deb wont work and there are no pets or .sfs installers for it.
The only option is to compile. I installed the puppy devx stuff and tried compiling by using the terminal, cd-ing to the folder of the source code and using "make clean bigide" to compile the program.

This is the result (for new and older versions of the source code)

Has anybody experienced this before? Or does anybody know what to do / change in this situaton.

Smile Question
Ledster

PostPosted: Sun 22 Nov 2015, 11:45    Post subject:  

I'm no expert on these things, but as no one else seems to have an answer I'll try.

I like Lazarus and have installed it several times on different puppys with no problems. Latest one is Lazarus 1.4.4 on Vividpup. Here's how I did it:

First you do need the devx loaded.
Second you need a fair bit of save file space - I use a gig and it works ok.
Next you need the following 3 files

1 fpc-2.6.4i386-linux.tar (http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.6.4/)
2 fpc-2.6.4.source.tar.gz (http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Source/2.6.4/)
3 lazarus-1.4.4-0.tar.gz (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Zip%20_%20GZip/Lazarus%201.4.4/)
(this link looks funny but works for me. I think the %20 is a space so try that if it doesn't work)

Decompress fpc-2.6.4i386-linux.tar, enter the fpc-2.6.4.i386-linux directory, right click > window > terminal and run install.sh. Accept all defaults.

Next decompress fpc-2.6.4.source.tar.gz and move the fpc-2.6.4 directory to /usr/lib/fpc/

Now decompress lazarus-1.4.4-0.tar.gz. move the lazarus directory where you want it - I put it in /mnt/home/ (saves space in the save file). Open a terminal and run make clean bigide.

Finally ./lazarus. It will complain about not finding the source, so tell it /usr/lib/fpc/fpcsrc-2.6.4 and all should be well.

Hope this works for you!
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff)
Jump to: