Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 23 May 2017, 03:20
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Slacko(32/64) 6.3.2/6.3.0 bug reports.
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 3 of 18 [259 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 16, 17, 18 Next
zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov 2015, 14:44    Post subject:  

Major bugs with pMusic on this system. I am looking into it, and will release 4.7.2... I keep on digging...

I have at last got the system fully running (only missing wine). My issue with wrong resolution with my amd-card is a shameful story... After hours of trying, testing, failing, rebooting, searching, reading, more testing, it all ended up with the fact I had copied the grub-text in menu.lst from earlier installs. Removing radeon.modeset=0 made it all beautiful. - OMG, what an idiot Embarassed Smile Laughing

nubc

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov 2015, 15:50    Post subject:  

Maybe it's because I haven't configured video yet (hardware acceleration?), but this frugal install slowed down to a crawl after 20 hours. A reboot helped a lot.
bigpup

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov 2015, 16:37    Post subject:  

From release notes:
Quote:
There is no AMD/ATI graphics driver built for the 64 bit version

Is there a reason or just have not built one?

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov 2015, 16:37    Post subject:  

pMusic 4.7.2

Changelog
- Packed with xz compression
- Bugfix: Some gui-updates fails in Puppy 6.3.0 (gtkdialog checkbox: file-monitor="true" in combination with milliseconds="true")
- Bugfix: Builtin filebrowser doesn't work in Puppy 6.3.0

Billtoo

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov 2015, 16:44    Post subject: Slacko/Slacko64 6.3.0 bug reports.  

Manual frugal install to a 32gb SDHC card, pc is an HP mini.

video-info-glx 1.5.3 Wed 18 Nov 2015 on Slacko64 Puppy 6.3.0 Linux 4.1.11 x86_64
2.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)
oem: Intel(R) HSW Mobile/Desktop Graphics Chipset Accelerated VGA BIOS

X Server: Xorg Driver: intel
X.Org version: 1.14.3
dimensions: 1920x1080 pixels (508x285 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 9.1.7

Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2957U @ 1.40GHz
Core 0: @1400 1: @1400 MHz

Added applications with PPM + compiled a couple.

CPU Frequency Scaling Tool wouldn't work properly until
intel_pstate=disable was added to the kernel line in menu.lst, (thanks
norgo).

Working well.
Screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   37.54 KB
 Viewed   1907 Time(s)

Screenshot.jpg

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 18 Nov 2015, 18:37    Post subject:  

Not a bug - only a humble suggestion for the Buntoo theme.
Since both the application menu and the app-tray is located at the left, I find it more convenient that the pager is in the neighborhood. - When I click the pager, I often are going to open a new app. In my personal Buntoo variant, I have placed the pager between the places menu and the tasklist.
Not important at all...

Should I include a Buntoo-like places-menu in jwm_config, like the bookmark/main menu?

gcmartin

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2015, 00:43    Post subject: LAN/WAN issues continue with the 64bit version on an AIO  

@FeodorF has reported some problem that sound similar to one reported by me and never resolved. One suggestion was that it may be related to the kernel and it was thought that it would resolve itself as kernel development proceeded. BUT, it hasn't.

Scenario of a problem that this distro introduces on one of my PCs:
After a minute or 2 of LAN/browser use, the system stops communicating. "ip addr/ifconfig" shows connection, but no activity is exiting/entering the system via the eth0 card.

To regain communication, I must right click the LAN taskbar icon to disconnect, followed by a reconnection.

This will only get another minute/2, though. So, it is not a resolution. Saving the session and restarting does NOT change this behavior.

The uname shows that the kernel is 4.2.5.

Interesting comparison
@PeeBee's latest LxPUP which has 4.2.5 kernel by Emsee, works as all the other PUP distros do on this AIO PC. That is, no LAN/WAN issues at all.

Further, this Slacko-630 32bit version does not have the problem. It works as expected.

ideas that I can employ to provide feedback which may resolve for others who would stumble upon this behavior?

Thanks in advance
P.S. Testing on other PCs of this Slacko64 does NOT exhibit the problem. But, this Intel platform, newer than all the others, has it.

algol68

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov 2015, 08:58    Post subject: Slacko64 6.3.0 bug
Subject description: Screen resolution resets itself to default 1600x1200, randomly but consistently!

I am running Slacko64 6.3.0 in a Virtualbox (4.3.26) under Windows Vista on an HP 6930p.

Every time I set the screen resolution to 1024x800 it resets back to 1600x1200 within a minute or so. I am using JWM + Xorg. Restarting JWM does not fix it. I have to select the resolution from the Setup options again & then again... Sad

It does this whether running from the LiveCD or when Fully Installed.

It's also a bit strange that one can only access the Universal Installer via the sidebar item "Puppy Package Manager and Universal Installer" & not via the menu system or a desktop icon. That threw me for a few minutes as I searched the menus in vain!
jamesbond

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:17    Post subject: Re: Slacko64 6.3.0 bug
Subject description: Screen resolution resets itself to default 1600x1200, randomly but consistently!

algol68 wrote:
I am running Slacko64 6.3.0 in a Virtualbox (4.3.26) under Windows Vista on an HP 6930p.

Every time I set the screen resolution to 1024x800 it resets back to 1600x1200 within a minute or so. I am using JWM + Xorg. Restarting JWM does not fix it. I have to select the resolution from the Setup options again & then again... Sad

I can't replicate the problem. I run the same Slacko64 under VBox 5.0.10 under Fatdog64. I changed the resolution using "xrandr -s 800x600" from whatever the original was. The change of resolution stick. How did you change the resolution?

On the other hand, I notice that Slacko64 (in VBox and qemu) spent a long time showing "welcome to slacko64 puppy", this is because wget "hangs" (network is up but the DNS resolution fails). Once I kill it, the quicksetup shows up.

spandey

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:26    Post subject:  

With version 6.3.0 of Slacko64 the net browsing is very slow. It takes a while to load pages but version 6.1 was working finr. I did a clean Frugal install and the problem persist.
Off course we have slow internet connection 512kbps and core2duo pc but old precise still loads pages way faster.
algol68

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov 2015, 14:36    Post subject:

@JamesBond

I upgraded to Virtualbox 5.0.10, alas I get the same result with the Fully Installed Slacko64.

I change screen resolution via Setup Puppy -> Graphics / Screen -> Change Screen Resolution.

Maybe the Windows Vista host is the issue.

Has anyone else tried a similar configuration?
tony

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov 2015, 18:19    Post subject: Skype
Subject description: No Microphone - Solved

Slacko-630 32bit version.

Skype no microphone output. Solved by using Retrovol to tick and set Capture.

Capture not shown in alsamixer.

Retrovol found in Puppy setup > multiple cards > choose sound card > click Mike/spanner icon >choose sound card > click OK brings up retrovol to set up sound parameters.

Regards Tony.
Billtoo

PostPosted: Sat 21 Nov 2015, 01:46    Post subject: Slacko/Slacko64 6.3.0 bug reports.  

Manual frugal install to a usb-3.0 SSD, pc is a Gateway desktop:

Video-Info 1.5.1 - Sat 21 Nov 2015 on Slacko64 Puppy 6.3.0 - Linux 4.1.11 x86_64

Chip description:
0.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF110 [GeForce GTX 560 Ti OEM] (rev a1)
oem: NVIDIA
product: GF110 Board - 12630002 Chip Rev

X Server: Xorg Driver used: nouveau

X.Org version: 1.14.3
dimensions: 3840x1080 pixels (1013x285 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

Installed applications with PPM + compiled some.

The CPU Frequency Scaling Tool wouldn't work properly until intel_pstate=disable was added to the kernel line of the menu.lst file.

It's working well now.

Thanks.
Screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   23.25 KB
 Viewed   1479 Time(s)

Screenshot.jpg

Artie

PostPosted: Sat 21 Nov 2015, 07:34    Post subject:  

gcmartin wrote:
Service Management
Will service-fixes be via Service Packs (aka like TahrPUP great approach) or via fixes/Fix-packs (aka @ETP magnificent approach)? Or will it be a combination of both (this would, of course, be ideal)?
Coming from TahrPup I am also interested in the answer to this question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ICQ Number 
drblock2

PostPosted: Sat 21 Nov 2015, 11:04    Post subject: jwm-tray configuration and urxvt problems solved  

I installed Slacko 6.3.0 (32-bit) with my old save file from Slacko 5.9.3 with little difficulty. I did, however, run into two small problems which I was able to solve.

(1) The old jwm-tray configuration was not accepted. I solved this by copying /root/.jwmrc-tray from the old configuration to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-tray1. Setup | Desktop | Tray allows you to define several different trays and some prefer to use this utility.

(2) urxvt did not recognize the Ctrl-L command for clearing the console window, but simply provided a new line as with Return. In addition, The Home key did not move to the beginning of the line, nor the End key to the end. Both produced a tilde (~). I am using the standard German keyboard de (Germany).

Solving this problem took a bit of research on-line. But, thanks to Lightening at spin.de and wiki.archlinux.org, I was able to find a solution.

Simply add the following three lines of code to /etc/inputrc:

Code:
"\C-l": "clear\C-m"
"\e[1~": beginning-of-line
"\e[4~": end-of-line
Page 3 of 18 [259 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 16, 17, 18 Next
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: