Slacko(32/64) 6.3.2/6.3.0 bug reports.

Please post any bugs you have found
oui

#16 Post by oui »

note:
it is not xombrero (xombrero seem to be absent at slackware) but only the poor midori...

oui

after xrandr -o left

#17 Post by oui »

see pls color points!

red points: very uggly :x

yellow points: can be accepted but is not good... is bad! :oops:

green points (hidden top bar and bottom bar) : very good (is not so in all Puppy's), thank you! :D
Attachments
bug.jpg
(48.94 KiB) Downloaded 2181 times

oui

save file default value

#18 Post by oui »

pls chg the default setting for "reboot"

from 'make a save file' "yes"

to 'make a save file' "no"

as the guy's don't using save file are irritate :x EACH REBOOT instead to be able only to hit Enter to quit/reboot without save file! this actual default value is completely unlogic :idea: !

those guy's using save file can move ONE TIME, not more, the value with Cursor left :roll:

unicorn316386

#19 Post by unicorn316386 »

@oui: Is it really necessary to split your comments (3 related) into 4 posts? It is confusing to follow. I don't see midori browser in Slacko 6, or even in the PPM. What version did you download, and where did you find it? It's icons/layout look broken too. :lol:

01micko

#20 Post by 01micko »

ally wrote:both new (32/64) slacko's do not see my Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (rev 35) wifi card

normally iwlwifi driver is used, when using the usual iwlwifi module using the load module button it does not recognise the nic

:)
I think I know what's wrong here. First it worked for you, then it didn't. Maybe you need the 'fdrv_XXX.sfs' for extra firmware.

You have to have a frugal install, then open the "SFS Manager" from the "Setup" menu and grab the "Extra Driver Firmware" sfs. It should load automatically.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

01micko

#21 Post by 01micko »

unicorn316386 wrote:@oui: (snip)What version did you download, and where did you find it? It's icons/layout look broken too. :lol:
That comes from changing screen res. All you have to do is right click a drive icon and click "Run Desktop Drive Icon Manager" then when the gui shows check the "Refresh / Realign existing icons" checkbox and click "OK". The drive icons are then redrawn in the correct position.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

oui

#22 Post by oui »

no:
01micko wrote:
unicorn316386 wrote:@oui: (snip)What version did you download, and where did you find it? It's icons/layout look broken too. :lol:
That comes from changing screen res. All you have to do is right click a drive icon and click "Run Desktop Drive Icon Manager" then when the gui shows check the "Refresh / Realign existing icons" checkbox and click "OK". The drive icons are then redrawn in the correct position.
it is not! in the picture 64 bit I did not change some resolution at all... I only did install midori, ... and look! But it is not a bug only from Slacko / Slacko64 but from ALL Puppy's, I repeat me :!: , excepted the one build by sigmarl using Arch (as far I can remember as it is not possible any more to actualise the rolling stage and it would be needing to use the arch installer...).

oui

#23 Post by oui »

unicorn316386 wrote:@oui: Is it really necessary to split your comments (3 related) into 4 posts? It is confusing to follow. I don't see midori browser in Slacko 6, or even in the PPM. What version did you download, and where did you find it? It's icons/layout look broken too. :lol:
hm, unicorn316386... I am in the 64 version, I write a first message
I reboot
I go into the 32 version, I write a second message
I reboot ...
... and verify a problem in the 2d version before
I reboot ...
--- and report it in a ...
... 3thd message!

What is wrong? Are you to old to understand it and/or follow?

(note: the bugs are also bugs in the standard versions of unicorn... that is why I did recommend to change (also) in woof so that we automatic get clean puppy's in the next times made in woof! but as woof is very split now, with woof-this, woof-that etc, I suppose that the theory of elimination of bugs in woof can not be efficient at all...)

recobayu

#24 Post by recobayu »

I just installed my Slacko 32 bit. This is very good. I connect to internet by wpa_supplicant by this method: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 105#870105. My stickyjwm also still work here. My problem is, after i change wallpaper by pTheme and apply, it's not change. But when I right click, it is change, when i right click again, it is change again.
Note:
when first time, i change my hostname tobe: recobayu and do not restart x server yet.

oui

#25 Post by oui »

other thematic:

the remastering offered in slacko64 6.3.0 works good

but...

a/ i did eliminate something (firefox as I am since Barry did introduce the old mozilla suite in Puppy 1.0.3 or 1.0.4 a fidel user of the suite, also if renamed Seamonkey: I use often Xombrero because secure but all my emails are matter of Seamonkey since about 10 y.! because of Puppy... but I wish, for me, no browser pre installed in Puppy: It is somewhat for an external seamonkey.sfs or iron.sfs or xombrero.sfs as the version of Mozilla become published about daily :idea: : a "slacko" can never be actual if it contains such app's :wink: )

b/ add a very little thing (links2)

c/ the slacko.sfs did grow

hm...

d/ I can write a lot in English but my comprehension of the language stay difficult in long texts... and I find the texts shown in the remastering app "heavy" or difficult to understand, about some what confusing (see and test the RHS-remaster.pet: after opening, into only once the virtual kew if you want nothing particular!)

bigpup

#26 Post by bigpup »

oui,

The midori browser has settings you can change.
Having the latest version, is important to having good results.

Puppy comes with a browser for one simple reason.
Puppy has everything you need from the start :D
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

norgo

CPU frequency scaling

#27 Post by norgo »

Slacko 6.3.0 ( 32bit )

My system is using an Intel i7 4770S ( Haswell ) CPU.
Because of used Intel CPU ( Sandy-Bridge or newer )
by default

scaling driver: intel_pstate
governor: powersave

is used.

Unfortunately scaling driver seems to work not correct.
Permitted CPU frequency is not detected.
In my case used CPU frequency is beyond permissible range.
Fortunately I checked this immediately after 1st boot.
So there is the danger for people using such a CPU to damage or destroy the CPU because of impermissible frequency.

Booting now by using of kernel boot parameter intel_pstate=disable.
Now Intel P-State is deactivated and

scaling driver: acpi-cpufreq
governor: ondemand

is used.
This driver is working flawless in my case.

For safety reasons it would be better to disable intel_pstate by default.
People who want to use or test intel_pstate could enable this driver nevertheless via kernel parameter.

@Billtoo
You are using an Intel Ivy-Bridge CPU ( i3 -3227U ).
Could you take a look at the used frequency scaling driver
and whether it works correctly in your case ?

@01micko and all the other helpful guys
Thanks for all you do !

Billtoo

Re: CPU frequency scaling

#28 Post by Billtoo »

norgo wrote:Slacko 6.3.0 ( 32bit )

Booting now by using of kernel boot parameter intel_pstate=disable.
Now Intel P-State is deactivated and

scaling driver: acpi-cpufreq
governor: ondemand

is used.
This driver is working flawless in my case.
I've made the change and it's working now, thanks.

oui

#29 Post by oui »

Hi bigpup
bigpup wrote:oui,

The midori browser has settings you can change.
Having the latest version, is important to having good results.

Puppy comes with a browser for one simple reason.
Puppy has everything you need from the start :D
thank you very much. Did you try it? And you find it better after changing the settings? If yes, pls, can you explain which settings have to be changed.

I did continue to test...

I did remove ALL "everythings" what I don't need (geany, leafpad is enough and I prefer gvim or vim if gvim not available, nano, why nano and leafpad and geany and vi ? text is text and 4 editors are NOT better than only one :idea: , abiword, gnumeric, homebank, MHwaveedit, mozilla-firefox, xchat, and probably more) to have only tools and not app's I don't know and never will use!

but the size of the iso stay about constant :cry: ,,,

much better than ALL last puppy's I did use:

my printer works now in Puppy! That is good, very good...

no presentation?

why?

and magicpoint :!: :!: :!: why will Puppy ignore magicpoint

vimprobable has exactly the same difficulties as midori, xombrero etc (= about all direct childs of webkit :idea: ! )

a lot of scripts of RSH works pretty in that environment. it is good to increase the field of uses...

unicorn316386

#30 Post by unicorn316386 »

oui wrote:I did remove ALL "everythings" what I don't need (geany, leafpad is enough and I prefer gvim or vim if gvim not available, nano, why nano and leafpad and geany and vi ? text is text and 4 editors are NOT better than only one :idea: , abiword, gnumeric, homebank, MHwaveedit, mozilla-firefox, xchat, and probably more) to have only tools and not app's I don't know and never will use!

but the size of the iso stay about constant :cry: ,,,
Yes, I think you need to remaster or re-create the folder structure of the main sfs to reduce that space (example).

zigbert

#31 Post by zigbert »

Major bugs with pMusic on this system. I am looking into it, and will release 4.7.2... I keep on digging...

I have at last got the system fully running (only missing wine). My issue with wrong resolution with my amd-card is a shameful story... After hours of trying, testing, failing, rebooting, searching, reading, more testing, it all ended up with the fact I had copied the grub-text in menu.lst from earlier installs. Removing radeon.modeset=0 made it all beautiful. - OMG, what an idiot :oops: :) :lol:

nubc

#32 Post by nubc »

Maybe it's because I haven't configured video yet (hardware acceleration?), but this frugal install slowed down to a crawl after 20 hours. A reboot helped a lot.

bigpup

#33 Post by bigpup »

From release notes:
There is no AMD/ATI graphics driver built for the 64 bit version
Is there a reason or just have not built one?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

zigbert

#34 Post by zigbert »

pMusic 4.7.2

Changelog
- Packed with xz compression
- Bugfix: Some gui-updates fails in Puppy 6.3.0 (gtkdialog checkbox: file-monitor="true" in combination with milliseconds="true")
- Bugfix: Builtin filebrowser doesn't work in Puppy 6.3.0

Billtoo

Slacko/Slacko64 6.3.0 bug reports.

#35 Post by Billtoo »

Manual frugal install to a 32gb SDHC card, pc is an HP mini.

video-info-glx 1.5.3 Wed 18 Nov 2015 on Slacko64 Puppy 6.3.0 Linux 4.1.11 x86_64
2.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)
oem: Intel(R) HSW Mobile/Desktop Graphics Chipset Accelerated VGA BIOS

X Server: Xorg Driver: intel
X.Org version: 1.14.3
dimensions: 1920x1080 pixels (508x285 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes

direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Haswell Mobile
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 9.1.7

Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2957U @ 1.40GHz
Core 0: @1400 1: @1400 MHz

Added applications with PPM + compiled a couple.

CPU Frequency Scaling Tool wouldn't work properly until
intel_pstate=disable was added to the kernel line in menu.lst, (thanks
norgo).

Working well.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(37.54 KiB) Downloaded 2320 times