Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 31 May 2016, 02:12
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Business
Softmaker Office 2012 on special offer
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct 2015, 05:22    Post subject:  Softmaker Office 2012 on special offer  

I've received an e-mail from Softmaker to say that for the next couple of days (i.e. the Halloween weekend) they are offering big discounts on their office suites, including Office 2012 for Linux. IMO, as someone who took advantage of an earlier and similar offer, this is well worth taking advantage of as discounts of this size don't happen very often.

Here's the link in case anyone's interested;

http://shop.softmaker.com/shop/shop.php?go

Acer Aspire M1610 (Core 2 Duo, 2.3 GHz), 3 GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive running Stella 6.7, Neptune 4.5.1, Salix 14.1 Fluxbox, Crunchbang++, Vector 7.2 A1.2, Sparky 4.2 LXDE, Puppy Slacko 5.9.1 and Puppy Tahr 6.0.5 (64-bit).
disciple

PostPosted: Sun 01 Nov 2015, 14:30    Post subject:  

Isn't 2012 permanently free as "freeoffice"?
In any case, make sure you sign up for freeoffice first, then you are eligible for upgrade pricing.

disciple

PostPosted: Sun 01 Nov 2015, 14:39    Post subject:  

disciple wrote:

Maybe freeoffice is still based on 2008.
btw I see they've made their thunderbird extensions available for separate download now.

Pelo

PostPosted: Tue 03 Nov 2015, 13:37    Post subject: I confirm Softmaker Office is still frẹẹ  

I confirm Softmaker Office is still frẹẹ
Just some messages in my mail box.
Typing documents does not change every year. Version 2008 or before is enough. For my needs.
In fact I don't need suite office,

Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Sun 22 Nov 2015, 12:51    Post subject:  

disciple wrote:

Hi there,

No; FreeOffice has most of the features of the full Office 2012, on which it is based, but unlike the full 2012 it can't save documents in the later Microsoft Office format (with docx and xlsx extensions).

Anyway, the beta of Office 2016 is out now and is available for a month's trial. I can confirm that the gzipped version works well in UPup Raring (3.9.9.2).

You can download it from here;

http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofl_en.htm

disciple wrote:
In any case, make sure you sign up for freeoffice first, then you are eligible for upgrade pricing.

Good idea! FreeOffice is worth getting anyway IMO; you get to try out Softmaker with nearly all the features enabled and see wherther you like it or not.

Acer Aspire M1610 (Core 2 Duo, 2.3 GHz), 3 GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive running Stella 6.7, Neptune 4.5.1, Salix 14.1 Fluxbox, Crunchbang++, Vector 7.2 A1.2, Sparky 4.2 LXDE, Puppy Slacko 5.9.1 and Puppy Tahr 6.0.5 (64-bit).
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Business
Jump to: