Librepup 6.0.2.2

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

I run Librepup as Adrive

#316 Post by Pelo »

The gull -not albatross- had difficulty in taking off, the default background bird.

I run Librepup as Adrive of Legopen, wireless connection available now.
Seamonkey loaded as browser on the fly (icecast asks for passport, but
there is no password to enter, not now, only when browser is
launched
)

Normal configuration : i am Libre, closed in the zoo, or Jail, protected from predators and myself. A keeper at the entrance prohibit people to enter and visit me, unless they got an auchweiss (laisser-passer)
Waiting for drivers iwlwifi. looked in firmware and not found in LibrePUP..
Libre is not for my laptop, i fail with iwlwifi, perhaps license is not free, i don't know. What i would like is to use Puppy simply, without dealing with all that requests in English. Even if i would to be leashed to my box, i wouldn't be able to, because my wife kept my leash and the box, until she gets her freedom, retiring from work with a boss. .

Libre or Secured, no entrance, that is not the same..
Attachments
ethernetonly.jpg
Pelo, embarrassed and confused,
Swore, though somewhat later, that he would never be
tricked thus again. Jail is not freedom !
(64.16 KiB) Downloaded 1056 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 05:59, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

librepup 6.0.2.0 (sdb1/LibrePup)

#317 Post by Pelo »

LibrePup is on the hot seat ! :) Fasten your seat-belt !
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 28 Aug 2016, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Icecat will not surf far from the beach

#318 Post by Pelo »

Icecat will not surf far from the beach. You can let you dad using LibrePup, he could'nt reach you tube and its X videos
Daddy, embarrassed and confused,
Swore, though somewhat later, that he would never be
tricked thus again.

darry1966

#319 Post by darry1966 »

Yes the background wallpaper in Puppy or one of them is a Gull not an Albatross well done.

On offense Pelo but one minute you talk about wireless issues and next about bloody vague bird references. Try to stick to one topic at a time and begin a new paragraph for a new topic.

Pelo

without wireless i cannot surf the web..

#320 Post by Pelo »

darry1966, wireless allows you to go outside with your computer, it's freedom, that is why i compare it with albatross
I am far from 800 kms from my box, (the family's box, should i say) :) no ethernet cable available for such a distance..
Even inside , without wireless i cannot surf the web.. i am like the albatross stuck on the deck
Médor, our french engineer, the stable one, told me the reason , stuff miss because non Libre. I don't want to break the challenge.
Dr es Puppy Médor analyse here "Pour ton WiFi Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 sous Librepup, il te faut récupérer le fichier /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-6000g2b-5.ucode (v18.168.6.1 pour les noyaux >= K3.2). "

wongwong

#321 Post by wongwong »

ehi there...I assume someone of you running librepup must have a librebooted machine as the two things go a bit together. I am having such a hard time booting from usb on a librebooted laptop; anyone has gone through this and can give me recommendations on how to solve this? I asked this in a specific thread 'boot from usb on a librebooted x60' but the solutions proposed are not working on libreboot...

Thanks!

cthisbear

#322 Post by cthisbear »

wongwong:

I have more info in your first post.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 348#961348

Some usbs boot it...some won't.

::::

ISO here from ally.
Iguleder is a pretty smart bloke.

https://archive.org/details/librepup-6.0.2.0

Librepup is a new build from Iguleder, it is based on tahrpup 6.0.2
but uses Triquel 7 packages instead of Ubuntu ones

Chris.

wongwong

#323 Post by wongwong »

Hi cthisbear, actually I have used the same usbs to flash other distros and all went fine...it's only puppy driving me nuts :) but thanks very much for your feedback!

hamoudoudou

trisquel packages are not available, only debian

#324 Post by hamoudoudou »

Trisquel packages are not available, only debian woof CE info For Puppies Built Woof CE