Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 15 Nov 2019, 20:23
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Games
Quicksilver official PET
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
SnowShinobi

PostPosted: Sun 20 Sep 2015, 17:04    Post subject:  Quicksilver official PET
Subject description: Endless platformer running

Quicksilver - Radical endless running.

Run across the skyline of the near future - don't let those drones stop you from being radical! Use your super speed and sharp reflexes to run as far as you can. Pick up power-ups and score combos along the way.

http://shiburizu.itch.io/quicksilver

Hi, I'm the developer of this game and happen to be a fan of Puppy Linux. I've never built a PET before until I decided to try porting this game to a PET package for all Puppy versions to run. I hope you can enjoy the game as much I enjoyed making it. Technical details; This is a 32bit release and does not need any dependencies. The game itself is built in Construct 2 and runs in its own Webkit engine + node.js. The package itself was built in Tahrpup 6.0 but as aforementioned, should work in any puppy. You can find the game files in /usr/games/quicksilver and the appropriate desktop file in /usr/share/applications. I appreciate any and all reports of bugs or things I should work on.

Official download: http://snowcreations.voltihost.com/game/quick/quicksilverx86.pet

Special thanks to Fenderbassist on the Puppy Linux IRC channel to help test it. If you are interested in adding this PET to your repository or download site, or to quickpet or anything like that, you have my full consent. All I ask is that you use the PET I am providing here to ensure the authenticity of the package.

Thank you for playing!
Keef

PostPosted: Tue 29 Sep 2015, 18:24    Post subject:  

I've just tried this on Tahrpup, but although the game starts up, the figure will not move - CPU maxes out. This is on a HP nc6120 laptop - 2ghz Pentium and 1.25 gig RAM. Intel graphics. Sound is working ok. I get the music and some noises if I click the mouse.
This is what I get when started from the terminal:
Code:
root# /usr/games/quicksilver/quicksilver
[27269:0929/225348:ERROR:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(144)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
[27269:0929/225348:WARNING:dns_config_service_posix.cc(225)] Failed to read DnsHosts.
[27269:0929/225348:INFO:gpu_info_collector_x11.cc(78)] NVCtrl extension does not exist.
[27269:0929/225348:INFO:CONSOLE(9)] "Viewport target-densitydpi is not supported.", source: file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.GtPYKn/index.html (9)
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: could not create udev device for fd 10
[27295:0929/225350:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(186)] Not implemented reached in virtual void media::AudioOutputDevice::OnStateChanged(media::AudioOutputIPCDelegate::State)
[27295:0929/225350:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(186)] Not implemented reached in virtual void media::AudioOutputDevice::OnStateChanged(media::AudioOutputIPCDelegate::State)
[27295:0929/225400:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(186)] Not implemented reached in virtual void media::AudioOutputDevice::OnStateChanged(media::AudioOutputIPCDelegate::State)

Well there is a little bit of movement, but this is as far as I got:
Quicksilver.png
 Description   
 Filesize   15.95 KB
 Viewed   246 Time(s)

Quicksilver.png

HoerMirAuf

PostPosted: Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:43    Post subject:  

Works not in Slacko-5.6:

Quote:
quicksilver: symbol lookup error: ./quicksilver: undefined symbol: dbus_message_set_serial
Sad
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Games
Jump to: