HP Laserjet Professional M1132 MFP setup

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
nappy501

HP Laserjet Professional M1132 MFP setup

#1 Post by nappy501 »

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Puppy from OpenSuse.

I am running Puppy 5.3.3, I did a search on the site and tried to install via CUPS. My printer was found, but I didn't know which printer to choose as mine wasn't listed. Which printer should I choose?

I have also tried installing hplip_print-3.12.9.pet. I think it has installed, but I don't know what to do now.

Any pointers gratefully received.

rcrsn51

Re: HP Laserjet Professional M1132 MFP setup

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

nappy501 wrote:I am running Puppy 5.3.3, I did a search on the site and tried to install via CUPS. My printer was found, but I didn't know which printer to choose as mine wasn't listed.
That sounds like you have learned how to run the CUPS printer setup wizard.
I have also tried installing hplip_print-3.12.9.pet. I think it has installed, but I don't know what to do now.
This package supports (sort of) your model. So the m1132 should now appear in the CUPS Models list. Did you not see it? If you have already installed the printer using a different model, you will need to delete that printer and start again.

Once you can find your m1132 in CUPS, please report back.

rik

#3 Post by rik »

well, reopening this topic.

tried everything on PuppyPrecise 5.6.1 and Slacko 5.7
installed and deleted various pets :
-foo2xxx_rcrsn
-hplibs
-install_hp_plugin
-foo2xxx_udev
-hpijs_legacys
-hpliblite
-qt.sfs
-devx.sfs
etc.etc.

I dont know what not.
The best is not to install anything.
In that case Cups recognizes the printer and print a testpage succesfully.

That is,,,is says so.
But in reality nothing is printed.

??
I could only find this tread on the internet.
It seems to have been solved by the poster, but how?

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

You will notice that nappy501 never showed the courtesy of a reply.

When you run CUPS and select your M1132, it says "requires proprietary plugin".
Driver Plugin Information:

This printer REQUIRES a downloadable driver plug-in. Use hp-setup to install the printer, and to download and install the plug-in. In general, required driver plugins are required for printing support. Driver plug-ins are released under a proprietary (non-open) license and are not part of the HPLIP tarball release.
It's been my experience that you need a full Linux like Ubuntu to get this kind of printer working.

rik

#5 Post by rik »

Owzo.
That's a pity.
:cry:

ThoriumBlvd

#6 Post by ThoriumBlvd »

Yes, theres a small command-line binary plug-in routine to run while connected to internet. Its called "hp plug-in".

But I also have a question about this 11xx series. It appears that Slacko 14 does not appear on the hp page concerning the printer (my case p1102w) and further that USB is not supported in previous Slacko's. The driver required is at least 3.12.x and 3.14 is availible. As far as I can tell Cups is v. 1.4.8 on my Slacky-pup (5.5XL). Do we have pet package(s) to deal with these obstacles?

I would presume a manual install otherwise.

Important to note I'm shopping, and found the 1102w at an affordable price (abt US$100). Deal-breakers here?
[img]http://www.am3radio.us/image3.jpg[/img] . [img]http://www.am3radio.us/image4.jpg[/img]

rcrsn51

#7 Post by rcrsn51 »

ThoriumBlvd wrote:Important to note I'm shopping, and found the 1102w at an affordable price (abt US$100). Deal-breakers here?
Please read the main post at the top of this section. It discusses the foo2xxx driver package which supports your Laserjet Pro P1102W.

The newest version of foo2xxx also supports some of the Laserjet Pro M series. This might have solved rik's problem.

rik

#8 Post by rik »

Sorry for the late response, but somehow I did not get notified of new replies here.

In the mean time my HP M1132 printer problem has been solved by the following topic:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 3f406240a2

In short:

download and install: foo2xxx rcrsn-2014.04.26.pet from:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/513709c5

Run CUPS and choose NOT the M1132 but the:
HP lazerjet M1120

And then your HP M1132 is printing.
Amazingly simple, considering all the time I spend on this issue.

Scanner however is still not working.
Also not with vuescan.

But I am already verry happy.